'Babe I'm Gonna Leave You' by AcousticAl

AcousticAl

Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:12 pm

A couple of flubs- but oh well.

Not sure if this should be in the 'Student Review' section- the echo doesn't let you hear 'clean playing'. I might record another one without effecting it.

Comments still welcome.

Al

**Note- I uploaded a 2nd version of this song without any effects added. You'll find it later in the thread.

Music Junkie

Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:28 pm

Al:

Sounds pretty good to me! Looks like you got the sound and video in sync very well too. What are you using to record your audio with? If you are going out of your BR and into your mic plug on the computer, are you using something like "Audacity" to record the audio? If so, how do you replace the audio from your webcam?

I have not gotten that all figured out yet......

At any rate, the clip is great. Thumbs up to you my friend.

MJ Image

neverfoundthetime

Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:31 pm

Hey Al, Great stuff! Good going. As Willem would would say both thumbs pointing upstairs, eh!

Chasplaya

Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:34 pm

Good job Al, I kinda liked the effects, what do you use?

Music Junkie

Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:36 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
Chas:

Check this out: http://www.rolandus.com/products/produc ... ductId=818

Wonderful little toy for guitar.

MJ

:)

Chasplaya

Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:39 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:
Chas:

Check this out: http://www.rolandus.com/products/produc ... ductId=818

Wonderful little toy for guitar.

MJ

:)
Now thats wierd, I have one of these currently on a 'Watchlist' on an NZ auction site...

Music Junkie

Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:43 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
Now thats wierd, I have one of these currently on a 'Watchlist' on an NZ auction site...
You can't go wrong. I have had one for quite a while now, and love it. I upgraded the SD Card to the max and have adjusted my wishlist of songs to a kbps of about 112-128 and I can get over 200 songs on there to jam along with. I really like the looping tool. It will slow down the song without changing the pitch, which is very helpful for transcribing. Plus, it has 80 preset effects. you can adjust them to your liking and save them to become user effects. Neat!

Hopefully you will get it in the auction, I paid full price for mine. $229.00 US. Still worth it though IMHO......

MJ

AcousticAl

Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:51 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
Al:

Sounds pretty good to me! Looks like you got the sound and video in sync very well too. What are you using to record your audio with? If you are going out of your BR and into your mic plug on the computer, are you using something like "Audacity" to record the audio? If so, how do you replace the audio from your webcam?

I have not gotten that all figured out yet......

At any rate, the clip is great. Thumbs up to you my friend.

MJ Image

Hey MJ,

Here's the chain-
Acoustic/electric to MicroBR to computer (mic in). That's it- I don't replace or re-edit the audio at all. My webcam records the video, and I choose the 'mic/front input' as my audio source in my webcam program. No need to re-sync anything. I just use the Dell webcam program that came with my computer.

Let me know when you try to record something and I'll help if I can.

Al

AcousticAl

Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:57 pm

Chasplaya wrote:

Hey Chas,

It's an awesome gizmo- as MJ described. The Boss MicroBR.
I like it because I can play my acoustic- but still have so many options to change the sound up. Get it cheap if you can- but get it. 4 track recorder, time stretch, mp3 playalong/slowdown. Jam packed full of stuff.

I posted 'Angie' effected through the Micro as well if you haven't seen it:
http://www.totallyguitars.com/community ... serid=3989

suziko

Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:04 pm

Karma point from me. Sounded really nice; you're inspiring me to get back to work on the fingerpicking!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic