'Babe I'm Gonna Leave You' by AcousticAl

jim56

Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:22 am

Very good Al, I like your guitar. What are you playing? Thanks for sharing, I am pumped up now ready to play and record.

AcousticAl

Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:26 am

jim56 wrote:
Very good Al, I like your guitar. What are you playing? Thanks for sharing, I am pumped up now ready to play and record.

Thanks Jim. It's a Fender cd220sce acoustic/electric. I pm'd you a link to it on Fender's website.

Looking forward to your vid!

willem

Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:32 am

Al, just one tumb for your vid and playing..an otherthing,is it that you like the effect thing,i mean does your guitar sounded better in your ears?? Image

wrench

Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:31 am

Another great job, Al. I believe I see some improvement in your hand position over your previous works, and you nailed the barre really well.

The introduction of technology to acoustic music creates overwhelming possibilities, doesn't it? Technically speaking, though, your combination of the webcam and direct mic input produced a very good quality video.

Great job!

wrench

AcousticAl

Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:53 am

wrench wrote:
Another great job, Al. I believe I see some improvement in your hand position over your previous works, and you nailed the barre really well.

The introduction of technology to acoustic music creates overwhelming possibilities, doesn't it? Technically speaking, though, your combination of the webcam and direct mic input produced a very good quality video.

Great job!

wrench

Thanks for that. I am trying to modify my right hand position- but don't always remember.

Yes, I am happy with the audio quality. The video isn't stellar, but that doesn't really matter.

AcousticAl

Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:06 am

I recorded another version (below) without any effects. I just used the micro as a pass-thru / metronome. Very tough song to keep time to with a metronome.

I also used a guitar strap, as I'm still having trouble with the guitar moving around while I'm playing.

You'll notice the video ends suddenly. I messed up the final strumming section.

willem

Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:49 am

two upstairs!! Image

beaker

Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:50 am

Al, good job on Babe im Gonna leave you. You have very few mistakes. Especially nice work on the interlude....that seems to be the hardest part for me. Beaker.

Lavallee

Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:35 am

AcousticAl wrote:
Lavallee wrote:
Very good sound Al, particularly like the interlude.

The Boss Br seems like a cool device but I decided to wait for the Zoom Q3 camcorder. The video is not high def but the sound recording is what I care. It is suppose to release this month.

Hi Marc,

You know that the micro br has nothing to do with video recording, right? I recorded this using my webcam. The micro was just a passthrough to effect the guitar sound.

That zoom q3 does look ideal for recording videos in general, though. Especially what we're doing here.

Hi Al, yes I knew that the Boss Br is only for sound. The benefit that I find in the Zoom Q3 (if the sound pick up is as good as advertise) is that you do not need to be in front of the PC. If I am not satisfied with the camera I will get the Boss BR.

Marc

Marc

Music Junkie

Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:43 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Great idea on the effects Al, and thanks MJ for the Roland MIcro BR link... got to have one of those! Going for 350 Swiss franks here (Dollar:Swiss Frank = 1:1 at the moment) so sounds a bit more expensive over here...
Ouch! Yeah that is a bit pricey. I'll be honest though, it is a ton of fun. If it does not break the bank, you will be happy with it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic