Heart of Gold by neverfoundthetime

suziko

Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:09 pm

Chris, I just sat down to take a look at Neil's lesson on this song, and already you have a video up. I'm impressed! Very well done! Your voice works so well for this song.

Oh, and I wish you and Al wouldn't worry so much about "overwhelming" us all with your videos. I, for one, am happy to see any contributions from TG members. Please, don't hold yourselves back, guys!

jayswett

Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:21 pm

I love the sound of a twelve string guitar. Very nice.

Chasplaya

Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:11 pm

Well done dude you da man!! Why are there so many songs on here about Old men etc is Neil trying to tell us something lol. Nice twelve by the way, but i'm biased as I also have a twelve Tak EF400S As long as they keep coming we'll keep listening Chris.

nemastetaylor

Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:24 pm

Yeah, it sounded really good. I am always impressed with singing and playing since I can't sing and play at the same time. Great job.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:05 am

Thanks SUzi, Jay, Chas, Nem. Thought you'd like the 12 string Chas (did you notice it has only 12 -wouldn't be able to play the bit on the Em if it did).
@ Nemsatetaylor and anyone else out there struggling with playing and singing: It will come if you work at it like left hand right hand separation. Sing the lyrics with a recording of the original until you have it down (usually you'll get that fast). Then work on your playing and try it out. Maybe record your playing then sing it over. Then play along with your recording and sing same time. It's so worth it.

AndyT

Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:06 am

All this from a guy that last week had no idea you could record stuff! LOL Chris! You're going to give Al a run for his money. Bear's been everywhere, You're doing it all, what's left for the rest of us? I guess I'll just keep on bashing my axe till the neighbor calls the cops on me. LMBO!

Seriously though, do you have any tips for us on how to find what key we sing in?

neverfoundthetime

Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:58 am

Hey Andy, can't wait to have Bear and Chas (and everyone else)join us posters. Check out the song writer's thread if you want to be totally blown away and put off posting forever (one possible reaction!). Finding the key for your voice is really important as you will find there IS a way to sing that song after all. Just try singing without guitar and then look for a key that fits. I usually just capo it until I find where I have to go. Many of my best ones are capoed at frett 2 or 3. Used to be fret 4! If I look at Paul Simon's early stuff he's always go the capo on at 5 and 7. If he's at 7, I'm at five! Find capoing better that transposing mostly but sometimes the transpose works for voice AND guitar. Good luck!

Music Junkie

Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:21 am

Sweet job Chris! I played around with that song last night as well. Plus you guys put up the Bob Seger group, so I had to bust out my song book and play some of his stuff as well. I was working on "Against the Wind" last night. Forgot how much fun it was to play.

Love the fact that you are singing when playing. I can do that on a few songs, and only if the music is right in front of me so I don't have to memorize all the chords....

Thanks for sharing another gem with us, and keep up the good work.

MJ

neverfoundthetime

Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:48 pm

Thanks MJ, see you over at the Bob Seger Group :-)

haoli25

Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:57 pm

WOW!!!! Chris. I really enjoyed that. One question for you, is there a "Swiss Idol" or
"Switzerland Has Talent" show? You could be the one Chris!! :)

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic