Heart of Gold by neverfoundthetime

neverfoundthetime

Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:06 pm

Love this song and just jumped at it when Neil posted his short earlier today. I have played it before with friends but not on my own and not quite like this. Just wanted to put up a short clip with a slight variation on the C chord to see if you like the idea. I know my thumb's all wrong and I'm doing the easy G chord.... I'll try to get that sort too. Think I mixed up the verse too. Wanted to try one on my 12 string too. Like Al, I feel I might be putting up too much but figure that's what we're here for and holding back isn't better. If you think I should maybe just post under My Videos instead, say so please. It's fun to do these and it gets me working. I hope everyone joins in the fun!

goldleaf

Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:12 pm

"I'm getin old", aren't most of us!! Great job, man that did'nt take long. I think you must have had that one in the bank already. Good job & keep them coming. Gary

neverfoundthetime

Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:15 pm

It's certainly one I've had a go at before but every time you see Neil do something, something key drops into place like the little hammer on and finger movements on the Em. Then it just slots in. That is so much fun! Picked up Still the Same in 20 minutes at the weekend but I'd never even heard it before. That was great fun. Ok, it's just camp fire versions but what the heck!

tovo

Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:22 pm

Chris you really do have a nice voice. I absolutely think that you should not be at all concerned about posting too many videos. Post one a day if you like as far as I'm concerned! Isn't the whole point of being here to discuss music, gain feedback and improve? Why would anyone possibly have a problem with you posting a video? I can't see it being the case so forget it is my respectful advice.

In terms of feedback, I would just offer that you brought up that you are using the "easy" G...I forced myself into the change after taking a look at Neil's lesson on "Still the Same" and immediately see the benefit, I reckon you will too.

Keep it up my man, those Swiss girls will be swooning! (I reckon Mrs Chris might not like that much!)

neverfoundthetime

Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:27 pm

Hi Tovo thanks mate! There's no Mrs Chris... s'why I spend so much time on the site! There you go, what can you do. You are right about the fingering on the G and Dm... tried that on Still the Same and it made things much easier. Just waiting for it to take over the old habits. Good on ya mate!

AcousticAl

Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:35 pm

I'm floored at how quick you got this shot and uploaded! You're definitely becoming a pro at that!

Really liked the song. I'd have to sing it about 2 octaves lower than you (if I even tried to sing it).

You pointed out your fingering already, which was the only thing I would comment on.

Good on ya, mate!

neverfoundthetime

Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:39 pm

Thanks to your tips Al, I'm in like Flynn with the vids. 3 weeks ago, I didn't even know I had Movie Maker or how to use it 'til you showed me! Thanks man!

tovo

Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:40 pm

Chris and Al you are going to have to join TG Australians soon if you keep this up!! Chris I hear ya mate, if I don't stop spending so much time on here there might be no Mrs Tovo either!

Great effort, look forward already to the next one.

AndyT

Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:52 pm

That's it Chris! You're fired! No professional guitar players allowed!
Man, you could be a ringer...

:laugh:

neverfoundthetime

Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:56 pm

...Andy, that's you, very shortly my friend! Keep jammin!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic