House of the Rising Sun - First Video

AndyT

Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:26 am

Yep. Anyone gutsy enough to post a video deserves some karma. Especially for singing too! More to you.

AcousticAl

Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:29 am

Karma landslide! (one from me too!)

Really good job, Jim. Looks like good hand position too.

I found the video and audio was actually good quality.

Looks like there is a video delay (lags behind audio), but that is easily fixed if you want to pm me about it.

Looking forward to your next one.

BobR

Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:18 am

I thought you did a Great job! I am not quite brave enough yet to post a video and I only have a web cam/microphone also. What do you folks use to post videos?

Bob

willem

Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:35 am

Bobr schreef: [/ b]
[quote] Ik dacht dat je deed een Great job! Ik ben niet helemaal moedig genoeg nog om een video en ik heb maar een webcam / microfoon ook. Wat wil je mensen gebruiken om video's te plaatsen?

Bob [/ quote]
You can use a webcam with a build in mic, but my experience is that you get noise that you don't want , a camrecorder is better and to upload from yor cam to the computer you must have a firewire and maybe a vid convert program,, look at www.any-video-converter.com

BobR

Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:57 am

Thanks Willem, I will check it out.

Music Junkie

Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:24 pm

Jim:

Excellent job my friend. The others pointed out a few MINOR hand adjustments and accent adjustments, so you got that. I just have to say that I really enjoyed it and think that your singing was good as well. Karma to you, and keep up the great work! I really look forward to the next one. It is OBVIOUS that you have put some practice in on this as your chord changes looked great to me.

Cheers!

MJ Image

jayswett

Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:25 pm

Those of you who are singing along with your playing are certainly taking it up a notch. Keep it up!

wrench

Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:00 pm

Welcome to a very small but growing club of video posters, and an even smaller club of singers.

I can hang with the club of posters, but you singers are leavin' me behind.

I thought you did a great job! Congratulations because we posters know what it takes! I look forward to more of your work.

I'm surprised at how low-tech we can get away with on these videos; I think your vid looked and sounded fine.

Like the Yammie, too. I bought an LJ6 not long ago, and feel strongly about it.

wrench

regisalumni

Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:01 pm

Thank you all for the very kind comments and feedback.

I'll have to think about how to be more "bluesy." I once read a quote from some blues musican that said if you've got a 401K you ain't got the blues, so maybe that's my problem. I could try without the capo and sing it a little lower...I have done that on occasion.

I'll also try to better emphasize the bass note on the first beat a little better too. Although I do think some of that is lost with my cheap microphone.

Anyway, I'll work on all your suggestions and maybe come back with a more bluesy full version of the song in a month or so.

Again thank you all very much for your support and for your comments about my singing. I don't really consider myself much of a singer even though I'm willing to try once in a while.

Best regards,

Jim H.

P.S. I've already told Santa I want a new HD camcorder for Christmas. Let's hope I was a good boy this year.

wrench

Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:08 pm

Jim,

Check your 401k statement then see if you got the blues!

I just tried a Sony HD camcorder, and I was quite disappointed in it. The sound was almost too good; there was a very loud hiss in the background, and the picture quality wasn't much better than the digital camera I used for my videos.

wrench

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic