House of the Rising Sun - First Video

regisalumni

Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:44 pm

Wrench,

Been hearing good things about the new Kodak zi8.

Check this link out:

Done with the Kodak.

Jim H.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:23 pm

What's the guitar, by the way, Jim?

AcousticAl

Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:29 pm

wrench wrote:
Jim,

Check your 401k statement then see if you got the blues!

I just tried a Sony HD camcorder, and I was quite disappointed in it. The sound was almost too good; there was a very loud hiss in the background, and the picture quality wasn't much better than the digital camera I used for my videos.

wrench

Hi Wrench (and anyone else who's interested),

I originally posted something on recording audio with your camera here- but it was way off topic. I reposted it in 'Offtopic'- strangely enough.

Al

regisalumni

Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:59 am

It's a Yamaha LL16. Engleman Spruce top, Solid Indian Rosewood back and sides. I removed the pickguard.

AndyT

Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:13 pm

Great video! You made it with the Kodak Zi8? Did you have an external mic?

regisalumni

Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:44 pm

AndyT wrote:
Great video! You made it with the Kodak Zi8? Did you have an external mic?

No, I didn't make it. This is an example I saw on youtube of someone who made a acoustic guitar video with the Kodak Zzi8 HD video camera and I believe a Zoom digital audio recorder plugged in to the ext audio port on the Zi8.

I was really impressed with both the video and audio quality of this recording so I thought I would share for those looking to upgrade from just a webcam and/or cheap microphone like myself.

Regards,

Jim H.

michelew

Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:21 am

JIm,

I thought it was great. Very smooth and anyone that can sign and play smoothly is a winner in my books. Knowing the courage it takes to post your first video I'm giving you the very first karma point that I've ever gifted (maybe I should call them 'cool, sweat and guts points'. Good job.

I'm thinking of doing this song too - I dare say it will be without singing (or if signing is included you'll all be grimacing).

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic