If You Could Read my Mind by neverfoundthetime

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:05 am

My favourite song. Recorded with my Dell Inspiron 1525 webcam and formatted in MovieMaker. After recording it I felt I should have used my 12 string but the Takamine nylon sounded o.k. live in the room. I know I could use less fingering (I've changed so much already, here at TG) than I do but I learned this many years ago and probably won't change those old habits unless someone posts and shows me a better way of playing it. Bear and anyone else working on this wonderful song, this is for you... let me know what you think. I really hope Neil does this or any other GL song soon. Dedicated to the man, Gordon Lightfoot, God bless him!

AcousticAl

Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:10 am

Perfect.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:12 am

Wow, Al that was fast 3 minutes flat! Thanks! I hope to see the man live one day soon....

suziko

Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:13 am

Oh, Chris, what a great rendition! Just beautiful. My only recommendation might be to slow it down the teensiest bit. And I, too, am crossing my fingers that Neil will add a GL song here soon. I'd happily learn pretty much anything.

AcousticAl

Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:18 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Wow, Al that was fast 3 minutes flat! Thanks! I hope to see the man live one day soon....
I literally just got in and checked it out. Really good job.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:18 am

Thanks Suzie! Things always speed up in front of the camera! A shade slower would help. I reckon the best way to record is have some one record you while you play ... they shouldn't tell you if the camera's running yet, then you can relax an play as "normal". This song should be recorded like that late at night when everything around is still and quiet.

suziko

Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:26 am

Yes, having the camera rolling certainly puts the nerves on edge (and brings out my butter-fingers). Really, it's only the slightest bit fast, though. All in all, very well-done!

Music Junkie

Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:24 am

Hey Chris:

Wonderful job. If Neil does put it up and it is much different than your, I would still play it your way as well. Sounded great. Thanks so much for sharing all of your clips lately. You are most kind. I can tell you are really enjoying yourself.

Karma to you kind sir! Image

Music Junkie

Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:24 am

Hey Chris:

Wonderful job. If Neil does put it up and it is much different than your, I would still play it your way as well. Sounded great. Thanks so much for sharing all of your clips lately. You are most kind. I can tell you are really enjoying yourself.

Karma to you kind sir! Image

BobR

Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:15 am

I hadn't heard that song for quite some time. You're really raising the bar. Excellent job.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic