wrench - still you turn me on

jayswett

Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:36 pm

I just watched Neil's version. You did a great job with this and it is remarkable similar to Neil's version. I like how you hold that guitar, and as you pointed out previously, I have taken to using that position myself for some songs. Enjoyed your video.

BigBear

Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:26 pm

Wrench- Good job buddy! It always means more when the song is meant for someone! I didn't know you had a romantic side!

Thanks for sharing and keep 'em coming! Cheers! :cheer:

haoli25

Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:24 pm

Good job Dan! I really liked that one. As a matter of fact, I had passed over that song but your video has made me reconsider. I am going to give it a shot and see if I can learn it as well as you have. Thanks for posting your video.

Bill Image

wrench

Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:57 pm

Thanks to everyone for the very positive feedback.

I am really very much looking forward to watching everyone else's videos, too. Come on, now, you know it's fun!

Thanks,
wrench

willem

Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:51 am

Wrench,congrat you did well,nice music isn't it and i think it turns here!! on...

AndyT

Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:12 am

Grasshopper, Very well done. The only thing that I see that you could work on is looking at your hands while playing. I really work hard at not looking at my hands. I make many many more mistakes because of it but I'm slowly getting better at it. I've been told that you need to learn to play without looking. Not sure why. So you can play in the dark I guess. LOL

Maybe a bit of metronome work on this one as well.

All-in-all, an excellent job. Keep it up and keep sharing videos!

wrench

Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:32 pm

AndyT wrote:
Grasshopper, Very well done. The only thing that I see that you could work on is looking at your hands while playing. I really work hard at not looking at my hands. I make many many more mistakes because of it but I'm slowly getting better at it. I've been told that you need to learn to play without looking. Not sure why. So you can play in the dark I guess. LOL

Maybe a bit of metronome work on this one as well.

All-in-all, an excellent job. Keep it up and keep sharing videos!
Andy,

You are da man! I'll try to keep this short, but to be specific I was looking at my ring finger to land it close enough to the fret for the C. As a newbie, I started using my little finger for the B flat because it is mangled in such a way that it was easier. As my hand developed, I never corrected my fingering of the B flat. Well I just tried the proper fingering for the B flat, and I can do it now, which makes the change to C easier - so easy I can do it with my eyes closed. ONCE AGAIN, TG INPUT MAKES ME A BETTER PLAYER! Thank you! As for timing, I always practice this song in lock step with a metronome at 120, and it sounds completely lifeless. Even Neil mentions in the lesson that this song isn't best done with a metronome. The things you thought were timing hiccups were most likely big-time picking flubs, of which there were several.

Thanks for the feedback, it is valuable stuff and I appreciate it.

wrench

AndyT

Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:25 pm

Dan, I went back and watched it again. Good timing. It is the picking that I was hearing. Maybe if you accented every 1st note?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic