The Needle and the Damage Done

AndyT

Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:24 am

Thanks Chris. I think I have come up with a good shape for this. Now I just have to figure out how to punch the design into the pick. LOL Image

neverfoundthetime

Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:29 am

Seriously Andy, an idea like that could change pick design as we know it. Get your patent in. But having been there and done that (industrial design intellectual copyright).... you may just want to sit back and let someone else do it... :-)

RicksPick

Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:50 am

Jay

That is just quality

Well done

Been practicing hard here too but not able to record now

Its so good to see these video's and how well peeps are doing.

RicksPick

BobR

Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:25 am

Jay,
I thought you did a great job on this.I really enjoyed it. I also have a bit of a problem holding the pick. Unfortunately I had a woodworking accident years ago and cut the tip off my right index finger so I can't hold it like Neil suggests. I end up like a lot of the comments here with the pick totally in a different position at the end of a song. I like some of the modified picks Andy has. I'll have to try it.

Bob

jayswett

Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:35 am

I agree that hole-in-the-pick idea is a good one. I'm going to try it tonight.

suziko

Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:41 pm

Jay, I thought that sounded great. I love the swinging rhythm you have going in the song. This isn't a song I knew, but now I'm going to go check it out. Might still be too hard for me, but it's something I can work towards.

regisalumni

Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:05 pm

Jay,

Terrific!!! Sounded really good to me.

Regards,

Jim H.

AndyT

Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:35 pm

Chris, I don't care about that. As long as they are cheap and I get a free handful of them then I'm good to go. LOL I have enough Lawyers in my life already.

If anyone here can make some of these, let me know. I'd love to have a bunch of them with my 3 hole design.

jayswett

Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:09 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
[quote]Love your over-the-top thumb...
quote]

That quote prompted a laugh out of my wife. Frankly, I'm not sure how to address my left hand positioning problem. On occasion, I will make a concerted effort to bring my left thumb behind the neck, but I just cannot seem to hit the cords cleanly. I know it just takes practice, but it's hard to want to practice a technique when it sounds so bad. I've made some progress on my right hand positioning, but my left hand positioning will be more of a long term project. Maybe I'll have that licked by next summer if I'm lucky.

wrench

Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:40 pm

jayswett wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:
Love your over-the-top thumb...
quote]

That quote prompted a laugh out of my wife. Frankly, I'm not sure how to address my left hand positioning problem. On occasion, I will make a concerted effort to bring my left thumb behind the neck, but I just cannot seem to hit the cords cleanly. I know it just takes practice, but it's hard to want to practice a technique when it sounds so bad. I've made some progress on my right hand positioning, but my left hand positioning will be more of a long term project. Maybe I'll have that licked by next summer if I'm lucky.
Jay,

Another great job, and thanks for posting it.

I think some of you guys in mortal combat with hand position need a training aid. I recommend tying a rolled washcloth around your palm to keep it away from the bottom of the neck. This will do the job without needing to concentrate on the thumb so much.

Enjoyed your song! Keep 'em coming!

wrench

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic