The Needle and the Damage Done

AndyT

Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:30 pm

One of the big reasons to keep your thumb out of there is so that you have clearance between you and the neck. If its resting on your palm, then your going to get junk notes. By moving your thumb down you avoid that problem. there are other reasons, but this is the biggie to me. Try Dan's suggestion of putting a cloth over your palm. It might work for you.

suziko

Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:20 pm

Jay, Not sure if this is the best place to post this question, but:

In the music Neil has for the third measure (G6/B) that you fret the 3rd string on the 2nd fret (A), but in the video he says just to fret the 2nd string, 3rd fret (D) and the 5th string 2nd fret (B). Did you play that A note, or just skip it? (hope you understand my question). I'm working on this song, and it's sure easier to skip the A, but I don't want to skip it if I shouldn't be.

Lavallee

Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:20 pm

You sound really good, great job. I'm also working on this song, and its an inspiration to hear someone who's brought it this far. The picking is tough for me, I have exactly the same issue you've all described with the pick moving around ... drives me crazy. I'm on my to look for the hole punch in my desk drawer! :)

Thanks for sharing your vid, great stuff!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic