I Will Follow You Into the Dark

jayswett

Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:52 pm

What does "Death Cab for Cutie" mean anyway? Seems like an odd name for a band.

wrench

Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:04 pm

Suzi,

Looked and sounded great. You look very comfortable with that new Taylor.

The only tip I have to offer is maybe keeping the tip of your thumb off the neck by keeping your thumb straighter or even arched backwards. I think this might help your chord changes, especially the barre.

Great job! Keep 'em coming! Thanks for posting!

wrench

suziko

Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:11 pm

Chris and Bill, thanks! I'll pass your compliments on to my Taylor :)

Jay, I'm not sure what the origin story for that name is; I looked on Wikipedia and didn't see any explanation. Those young people these days...... :)

Wrench, thanks for your advice regarding my thumb. I'm going to give that a try. I've been trying hard to work on my grip (dropping my hand more and such), but I'm still not able to keep my thumb on the back of the neck. Maybe arching it backward a bit will help me to transition to that.

AcousticAl

Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:57 pm

Great job, Suzi!

You sure look more comfortable with your new guitar compared to the one you used for 'Who'll Stop the Rain'. Does it feel easier to strum and fret?

I liked the clean and steady alternating base. I'd try to anticipate when the barre is coming more- and get your finger/barre down before you place the rest of your fingers down.

And of course....

KARMA!!

willem

Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:08 am

Well Suzan, i forgot some thing.........look to your karma....

suziko

Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:34 am

Thanks, guys! My karma tripled since posting that video! Guess I should have bought a Taylor sooner ;)

Al- you're right about anticipating the barres (I think Willem mentioned that in an earlier post as well). I'll keep working on that, trying to slap down the barre first so that I can hit that bass note, before worrying about getting the other fingers into place.

reiver

Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:39 am

Very nicely played - you should be really encouraged by your steady improvement.

And happy birthday.

r

RicksPick

Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:40 am

Well done Suzi
Sounds nice

RicksPick

happy birthday :laugh:

nemastetaylor

Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:22 pm

wow that was great. you're changing chords great. Nice right wrist action. Yeah......and the Taylor is very nice.

NemasteTaylor

Lavallee

Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:43 pm

Very good Suzi, good improvement from your previous video. You strumming is more natural and fluid. Neil mentioned, for the chord changes, to do a beat with no chord giving you time to switch the chord without rushing them. It could help the chord transition.

Good work

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic