I Will Follow You Into the Dark

suziko

Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:20 am

This was my first song that I've attempted that isn't a beginner level song. This version is not without its flaws, but I got tired of trying to capture a perfect run through (obviously, I'm still working on getting those barre chords down). I'll come back to it in a few months and hopefully will have made more progress. This is being played on my new Taylor GC3 (which sounds much nicer in real life than my cheapo camera can capture!). And, yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the TG webpage reflected in my shiny guitar. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

jayswett

Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:46 am

suziko wrote:
This was my first song that I've attempted that isn't a beginner level song. This version is not without its flaws, but I got tired of trying to capture a perfect run through (obviously, I'm still working on getting those barre chords down). I'll come back to it in a few months and hopefully will have made more progress. This is being played on my new Taylor GC3 (which sounds much nicer in real life than my cheapo camera can capture!). And, yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the TG webpage reflected in my shiny guitar. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TargetStude ... KUZLFJSQEw
Several comments:
1) The improvement you have made since your first post of that CCR is simply awesome
2) Cheapo camera or not, the guitar sounds (and looks) incredible
3) Your barre chords sound fine and your ability to change flawlessly to them will improve very quickly. No doubt about that.
4) Your daughter in your profile image is adorable.

suziko

Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:59 am

Jay,
Thanks for your kind words! We're always our own harshest critics, right? I know that the barre chords will come along, if I just keep practicing. Having my new guitar certainly makes that more appealing!

p.s. I think my daughter's a cutie, too, but of course I'm biased :)

tovo

Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:35 pm

Suzi,

Great job. I think your changes generally are very solid and your notes clear, as Jay said, the barre changes will only get better. Significant improvement and that's what is important. Karma to you my friend.

suziko

Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:39 pm

Thanks, Tovo (thanks for the Karma, too!)! TG has certainly helped me to improve my playing. I'm grateful for the input from all of the TG members, too. You guys are great!

willem

Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:15 pm

Suzannochka,i did not know this number, i've listen on you tube and the lesson,and then again you and your diong great,realy, and the F so what, the singer must a little wait on you, but i know it comes very soon, maybe you can think a bit ahead, you know it comes when you are in the chord C or Am.....i go and listen again, i like the sound,,,,,,nice guitar you have!!!!! Image

AndyT

Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:47 pm

Suziko,
Well done. You have obviously been practicing. Keep it up and soon we won't know if its you or the CD. Karma to you!

suziko

Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:13 pm

Thanks, Willem and Andy, for the kind words and the karma!

neverfoundthetime

Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:00 pm

Hey Suzi great going! You're really getting into it. Good video quality and that is one pretty guitar you've got there. Your left hand is in much better position than mine!
Karma to you gal!

haoli25

Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:01 pm

Even more Karma coming your way Suzi! I liked it! I think you did great. Don't worry about the chord changes, practice and time will cure all. And I agree with everyone else, your daughter is a real cutie! That is a nice looking Taylor too.
:)

Bill Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic