'Never Going Back Again' by AcousticAl

AcousticAl

Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:06 am

Hey there,

As I said in a different post, I've been working on this song since Neil's first youtube teaser about it (before TG offered the full lesson). Still a work in progress.. and tough not to speed up with a metronome!

Comments welcome.

AA
P.S. Hang in there, Jay!!

heyjoe

Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:10 am

Hi Al

I've never heard that piece of music before, it sounded lovely.
I completely understand what you mean about the metronome, you have to multitask even more- whilst your concentrating on your left and right hands, you also have to listen to the metronome, takes a bit of practise doesn't it..I'm going through that right now!

Karma coming your way

Joe

neverfoundthetime

Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:05 am

Now that is a good effort at a not too easy piece plus the nome. Good job Al! Courageous. One of my favourite Fleetwood Mac songs. Now with singing please.... :-).
Karma coming at you my man!

Music Junkie

Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:21 am

Great job Al! I am not familiar with that song at all, but I liked it......

Good use of the metronome as well. I still need work on using it, as I get jumbled up a bit at times. Getting better though. You are doing so good. Give yourself a pat on the back and have a beer. Thumbs up to ya!

MJ Image

suziko

Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:43 am

Al, Sounds like you've got the chorus down now. Very nicely done! I think it's the capo position that made all the difference ;)

Once my karma-meter is ramped back up, I'll give you a thumbs-up.

***added later****- ok, I gave you some karma!

AcousticAl

Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:33 pm

heyjoe wrote:
Hi Al

I've never heard that piece of music before, it sounded lovely.
I completely understand what you mean about the metronome, you have to multitask even more- whilst your concentrating on your left and right hands, you also have to listen to the metronome, takes a bit of practise doesn't it..I'm going through that right now!

Karma coming your way

Joe
Thanks Joe! (Like the new avatar!)

It's a great song off of Rumours.. check it out!

Al

AcousticAl

Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:34 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Now that is a good effort at a not too easy piece plus the nome. Good job Al! Courageous. One of my favourite Fleetwood Mac songs. Now with singing please.... :-).
Karma coming at you my man!
Thanks Chris. I'd like to keep my Karma in tact.. so there won't be any singing on this one!
B)

AcousticAl

Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:36 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
Great job Al! I am not familiar with that song at all, but I liked it......

Good use of the metronome as well. I still need work on using it, as I get jumbled up a bit at times. Getting better though. You are doing so good. Give yourself a pat on the back and have a beer. Thumbs up to ya!

MJ Image
Thanks MJ. As I said earlier, I've been at this tune for quite a while now. I work at it until I get frustrated- then leave it for a month or two before coming back to it.

btw- a friday night beer is definitely in order!

AcousticAl

Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:37 pm

suziko wrote:
Al, Sounds like you've got the chorus down now. Very nicely done! I think it's the capo position that made all the difference ;)

Once my karma-meter is ramped back up, I'll give you a thumbs-up.

***added later****- ok, I gave you some karma!

You're right Suzi. It's all about the capo.

Cheers!

Lavallee

Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:46 pm

Good work Al, it sounds quite good. I always like that song. You seem to have it under control. Good work.

Now that your video is out , I will have to put some time on it. I was not patient enough for the fingerpickin pattern to sink in. In a near future...

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic