'Never Going Back Again' by AcousticAl

AcousticAl

Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:48 pm

Lavallee wrote:
Good work Al, it sounds quite good. I always like that song. You seem to have it under control. Good work.

Now that your video is out , I will have to put some time on it. I was not patient enough for the fingerpickin pattern to sink in. In a near future...

Marc
Thanks Marc. I just watched it again, and it is quite slow.. would've liked to play the whole thing faster- but that's the fastest I can get the higher part right now. Reason to post another one in a few months I guess.

jayswett

Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:09 pm

Given my recent difficulties with this song, I was going to give it up for a bit, but I've changed my mind now that I"ve seen your video. It has inspired me for sure, and I will redouble my efforts with respect to conquering that picking pattern.

As for this video, very nicely done as usual. Like your previous videos, you look very much in control of what you are doing with both hands, and your use of the metronome is something to emulate. Fantastic. Thanks for posting it. I can't wait to see an update in the future, and I'm looking forward to tackling that song again tomorrow. Thanks to whoever posted the link to Buckingham and Nicks playing that song live.

goldleaf

Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:42 pm

Great job, one of my favorite F/M songs or is it Linsey Buckingham, like it w/ the capo. Hope to have a vid of my own out this week. Gary.

jim56

Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:47 pm

Clap, clap, clap, clap, I'm liking it. Good job Al (aka Lindsey Buckingham).

AcousticAl

Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:36 am

jayswett wrote:
Given my recent difficulties with this song, I was going to give it up for a bit, but I've changed my mind now that I"ve seen your video. It has inspired me for sure, and I will redouble my efforts with respect to conquering that picking pattern.

As for this video, very nicely done as usual. Like your previous videos, you look very much in control of what you are doing with both hands, and your use of the metronome is something to emulate. Fantastic. Thanks for posting it. I can't wait to see an update in the future, and I'm looking forward to tackling that song again tomorrow. Thanks to whoever posted the link to Buckingham and Nicks playing that song live.

Thanks Gary, Jim & Jay

Jay- your post about how this song was beating you was actually the reason I recorded this video. I was hoping that you'd get a lift from it. I don't have the song down yet and I've been working at it off and on for months and months. I love and hate this song at the same time! Sounds really nice when you get the picking correctly, but can be SO frustrating when you don't!! The picking pattern is VERY TOUGH (for me anyways).

I'd actually walk away from it when you get too frustrated- but do make sure you come back to it. Looking forward to seeing your video when you're ready.

Al

dennisg

Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:43 am

Jay,

Thanks. I was the one who posted the live version. I've always loved the song and fantasized that one day I might actually play it. Now that I discovered TG, I can actually see that it's a possibility.

Al,

Congratulations on a terrific job. Your tempo is perfect. I'm envious! I imagine you'll be playing it just like Lindsey Buckingham with a little more practice.

- Dennis (in Seattle, where it has momentarily stopped raining)

willem

Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:27 pm

Hey Al, thanks for the inspirate to do this song, sometimes i don't no were to go,watch't the lesson and i like it for its difficulti's,and i think its that ''picking roll'' and when you must make a slide and then on de same beat make that bass note,what are for you the difficults in practise?? I think you are good on your way in the song....how is ''old man''??

tovo

Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:49 pm

That's a great FM song and a great job Al. Please post more of it when you are ready, always enjoy your vids.

nemastetaylor

Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:51 pm

Verrrryyyyy nice. You are so good with playing along with the metronome thingy too.

jayswett

Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:09 am

Having worked on this again the last couple of days, I am even more impressed with your Vid. Very well done. In a wierd way, I almost find this video more helpful to me than even Neil's slowed down version. Not sure why that is, but regardless, thanks again for posting it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic