Scarborough Fair

jayswett

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:04 pm

The good news: It didn't take me three weeks to learn this song, which tells me that learning new songs is becoming easier for me. That makes sense, and I hope that trend will continue. This vid includes the intro, two verses, then the intro again. Also, I find that I now prefer the (mostly) correct right hand positioning over what I was doing previously.

The bad news: I am still having alot of trouble with some of the more difficult songs that I've tried. I realize it will come with time, but I am impatient by nature.

Overall, I can say honestly that since joining the Target Program, I have improved alot, not unlike those of you I've seen on video, and I'm sure the remainder of you who have yet to post a video. Your thoughts and words of encouragement have been appreciated.

tovo

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:11 pm

Jay that's cool mate. Good job. I understand impatience to learn new stuff but you can now play something that you couldn't not long ago, and play it pretty well so that's something to be really proud of. Your thumb could be lower on the neck but you know that. Great stuff Jay.

BigBear

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:13 pm

Jay- really nicely done! I've been working on that song too and I was going to post it but you beat me to it! If you snooze, you lose on this site! LOL!

Great syncopation and Travis picking. You really kept the flow going!

Cheers! :cheer:

jayswett

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:17 pm

BigBear wrote:
I've been working on that song too and I was going to post it but you beat me to it! If you snooze, you lose on this site! LOL!

:
Bummer. I would rather have seen your version.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:20 pm

Great stuff Jay very nice sounding job on that lovely tune. You put the parts together nicely. Enjoyed that. Are playing on fret 5 (can't see exactly)? Karma for that vid!

dennisg

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:34 pm

Very, very nice job, Jay. Exxxxxcellent!

- Dennis

mmmbldo

Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:35 pm

Good job. In places, you sounded exactly like the record. This song is also on my list of pieces to learn. If I do as well as you have, I'll be very pleased.

AndyT

Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:16 pm

Jay,
Great job! Sounding good! Just one thing. It looks like the neck is resting on your palm. Try and keep a gap between your hand and the neck.

__m__

Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:30 pm

OMG that's exactly what I'm trying to overcome right now. It's so frustrating, feels like I'm learning all over again :huh:

jayswett

Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:49 pm

AndyT wrote:
Jay,
Great job! Sounding good! Just one thing. It looks like the neck is resting on your palm. Try and keep a gap between your hand and the neck.

That's cool. How did you do that?

Chris, capo on 7

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic