Scarborough Fair

AndyT

Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:58 pm

I paused your video and took a snapshot using the Print Screen button then scribbled on it with MS Paint. Then saved it as a jpg and posted it here.

songman52

Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:52 pm

Huh? Jeez I feel like a dinosaur sometimes when it comes to technology. I've searched this sight on how to PM and other stuff, like smiley buttons,etc.; no luck. Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread.

songman52

Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:53 pm

Oh yeah, good job Jay. Sorry I got sidetracked.

AndyT

Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:59 am

songman,
On the right hand side of a post you will see a small button labeled PM. Click it to send a private message. Smileys are on the left hand side when typing. If not, then you need to update your browser and activate the java.

Chasplaya

Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:53 am

Jay good job. Tell me do you memorise the song or do you have the music of camera? I mostly need the music in front of me for some time with new songs.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:04 am

Hey Jay, further to my comments, you've got me trying to finally get this song right. I've been picking the intro and then going over to strumming because I could never quite manage to hear how a couple of passages fitted in. So I'm on Neil's lesson now and there is progress... at last! Thanks for the nudge. I've always played capo on 5 as I can't sing it as high as capo 7.

jayswett

Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:57 am

Chasplaya wrote:
Jay good job. Tell me do you memorise the song or do you have the music of camera? I mostly need the music in front of me for some time with new songs.
I cannot read standard music notation, and have a very difficult time reading tab, so to answer your question, I don't have any music off camera. One of the things I should have listed amongst my short term goals is how to read tab better.

jayswett

Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:03 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Hey Jay, further to my comments, you've got me trying to finally get this song right. I've been picking the intro and then going over to strumming because I could never quite manage to hear how a couple of passages fitted in. So I'm on Neil's lesson now and there is progress... at last! Thanks for the nudge. I've always played capo on 5 as I can't sing it as high as capo 7.
I, too, had a hard time get the individual parts of the song (as instructed by Neil) to fit together. Looking back at my video, and trying to sing along to it, I've noticed that my version lacks some continuity. This is particularly true of the measure in the last line of the verse that involves the hammer-on and pull-off. I look forward to hearing your version, as well as Big Bear's version, soon.

suziko

Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:44 pm

Jay- So well done! Once I'm ready for level 5, this is one I'm going to have to tackle. You made it sound so great!

Chasplaya

Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:50 pm

jayswett wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:
I cannot read standard music notation, and have a very difficult time reading tab, so to answer your question, I don't have any music off camera. One of the things I should have listed amongst my short term goals is how to read tab better.
Jay thats even more amazing , if you learn from listening and watching. I tried this tune last night from Neils lesson and admittedly got a bit confused at the start with the sequence, but its coming along for the first attempt (with the music infront of me of course lol)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic