QUESTION by neverfoundthetime

neverfoundthetime

Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:23 pm

Thanks Jim: I'll do a best of album any time.... as long as it's together with other TG members.... you (anyone) up for it? :-)

reiver

Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:58 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Thank you Al! Nice to see you back. When you're away, some else has to post a video to fill the gap ;-).
What better reason to go buy more guitars do you need than that!
Chas

Found my guitar today Chas, but it's not yet bought ;-) might not be for quite a while... It's a Lakewood D18CP with built in pick ups and case for a crisp CHF 3'000.00 which is the same as $3'000.00.
Unless something better and cheaper comes along :-). Image
Chris - Just noticed that while I was away over the weekend I failed to post a response to your vid. Really enjoyed this, one of my all time favourite tracks. Pity I can't play along......and I certainly can't sing along! A big karma comin' atcha.

wrt your guitar choice - I played a Lakewood last week and really liked it, I'm sure you'll both be very happy together. btw, the UK price for the D18cp is £1350. Not sure how that compares.

Again, nice work on the video

r

neverfoundthetime

Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:05 pm

Many thanks Reiver! If some Sicilians come knocking on your door asking if you are Reiver, just say: Ah no, I nota thisa man aReiver... he not a casa and he already make a da comment on a da video already, capeech! And they should go away. :-)

That British price on the Lakewood is a whopping CHF 700 less about 25% ... that's worth an Easy Jet flight over. Thanks. Lovely guitar isn't it.

reiver

Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:29 pm

They are very nice indeed. I played a couple of models. Although the exact model names escape me at the moment - the dreadnought was in this price range and the GA model was a couple of hundred cheaper. And although I'm not looking for a dreadnought - I did prefer it of the two. The price that I quote was for the model that you specified - although there seem to be UK specific models also, with a spruce and mahogany model called the D14CPG looking very nice at £1600.

r

neverfoundthetime

Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:37 pm

Yeah the Dreads often have a better sound and more power. More body. I'm not sure what I need a cutaway for. I've never ventured that far down the fretboard EVER! But they just come with the cutaway sometimes (and the higher price). In Switzerland, the standard model for everything is everyone else's delux model, with the corresponding higher price. You are expected to be able to afford it, I guess! tried lots of guitars now and the Lakewood wins out. Stonebridge/Furch is very good for the price and very much my style, but side by side, Lakewood wins. Supposed to have a much superior electronic as well.

reiver

Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:56 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Yeah the Dreads often have a better sound and more power. More body. I'm not sure what I need a cutaway for.
Yeah, they may have more power (not sure about better) - but I tend to prefer finger-picking and singing along quietly (to myself!), so I don't really need the big sound that a dreadnought delivers. My next guitar will hopefully be a GA/jumbo style (with cutaway probably) if I ever get round to buying it.

r

Chasplaya

Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:58 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Many thanks Reiver! If some Sicilians come knocking on your door asking if you are Reiver, just say: Ah no, I nota thisa man aReiver... he not a casa and he already make a da comment on a da video already, capeech! And they should go away. :-)

That British price on the Lakewood is a whopping CHF 700 less about 25% ... that's worth an Easy Jet flight over. Thanks. Lovely guitar isn't it.
As long as its not United Airlines, it wouldn't stay lovely for long

neverfoundthetime

Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:57 am

Well thank God it was only a Taylor.....

AndyT

Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:18 am

Really! Not something valuable like a Takamine or even a Cole Clark.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:05 pm

Just to reclaim the tread: Many thanks once again to all those who commented on my video of the Moody Blues Question. And thanks for everyone who checked it out... over 281 views in a couple of days. Wow! It really is fun to be able to bring a song you've been working on to the students review forum... instead of playing it forever in the seclusion of your room to the walls! For anyone wondering if they should post a video... YES, just do it, it's a blast!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic