Blackbird - Michelew - my very first video EVER

NKenny

Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:13 pm

Very good Michele,wish I could have your left hand position. Great job

Kenny

willem

Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:37 pm

Yeah MICHELLE, ''into the light of the dark black night'' you were only waiting for this moment to arise'' and you arise....great ... you get there,, thanks....i play along with you....

reiver

Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:47 pm

michelew wrote:
Thanks for the IOU Reiver. You must be like Santa Claus if you keep running out. A generous man.
Actually - this only the third karma i've handed out. it was a timing issue

Hehe! Calling a Scotsman generous....... :laugh:

jayswett

Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:50 pm

I must admit that I haven't quite figured out the karma thing yet. I have a vague notion that everyone has a limited amount of karma to give, but that's about it. I will check the FAQ section to see if there is anything more to learn.

jayswett

Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:51 pm

Looks like that question isn't asked very frequently. :blush:

neverfoundthetime

Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:58 pm

Karma is stroking someone (patting them on the back)and you can do that 1x every 6 hours I believe. It's not explained anywhere... it's TG myth and Lore that you just absorb through the pores as you float through the forums... ;-) You are welcome!

michelew

Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:17 pm

Thanks everyone. You've all been so nice. I can feel the urge to be a regular poster.

Suziko - I find the strap really helps and is comfortable - you can easy adjust the guitar to any angle you like. As it happens the neck is also elevated because of the chair I'm sitting on. I was first advised to just tie it onto the neck behind the nut, but connected to the body is sooo much better. Just get a profession guitar repairer or such to install it for you.

suziko

Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:05 pm

Michele,

I'm going to have to look into the strap. Thanks for the advice! And I know what you mean about suddenly having the urge to be a regular poster. When i first signed up I thought I'd never upload a video. But I actually find it hugely motivating, now that I've done 2. I'm already thinking of my next one!

michelew

Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:27 am

By the way Suziko, when I said get a guitar repairer to install it, I meant the strap button which is screwed into the heel of the neck. I've read that you can install them yourself but I don't think its worth the risk of spoiling your nice guitars.

I'm in the process of looking at the student review videos, I didn't want to freak myself out by finding out that you are all way ahead of me on your learning curves. What's your next one? I'm considering "House of the Rising Sun"

wrench

Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:20 pm

I promised you I would be the first to support your video with arms wide open. Well, a TG software glitch tossed me out of TARGET for a couple of days, so I didn't see your video until just now, and I see I don't need to say a thing. About a gajillion screaming fans of yours have already said it all!

I really did enjoy your video, though. I hope you had a lot of fun with it after the initial jitters wore off. I'm looking forward your next one. So, just how does it feel to be a super-star?

wrench

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic