Blackbird - Michelew - my very first video EVER

reiver

Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:15 pm

Congratulations Michele, very nicely played and a very ambitious choice. After I'd been playing as long as you have I'd have been happy to strum a few chord of Country Roads. Congratulatios too on letting us see your face while you play - not sure if i'll be so brave if and when I finally get round to it. And I'd forgotten what a serious song this was! :silly:

Please accept this karma I.O.U. and I will return tomorrow with payment in full (all karma-d out for today)

r

nemastetaylor

Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:48 pm

Yeah.....sounds really good. You have good finger technique. See it wasn't that hard to post the video. Look forward to more of them.

nemaste

michelew

Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:36 am

Yep - I finally made it - the anticipation / anxiety was the worst bit. It's been all up since then.

Regarding seeing my face, I find it frustrating not being able to see people's faces so I thought I'd throw caution to the wind completely. There have been a few of us now - so maybe other members will start including their heads too. Next time I'll try and put a smile on it.

Ta
MIchele

michelew

Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:08 am

Thanks for the IOU Reiver. You must be like Santa Claus if you keep running out. A generous man.

Chasplaya

Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:23 am

jim56 wrote:
Michele, Very nicely done. I noticed how you kept the rhythm going, that's a challenging picking song and you did well. Someday I'll post one, Right after Chas. :)
I'm in the queue right behind Bear..

michelew

Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:32 am

COme on aren't you guys the experienced ones around here? If I can post something - you've got to be able to. Remember you are your own worst critic. From what I've seen TG is an extremely supportive community. Just jump. You'll love it and will be wondering why you didn't do it sooner.

Bear - I'd love to see your favourite Taylor in action (I'm thinking of checking them out with a view to buying one, hopefully next year).

Chasplaya

Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:39 am

HI Michele time on the site doen't necessarily equate to good experience just experience lol. I am working on it i put up a You Tube a few weeks ago of a Neil Young tune and when I put it up the synchronisation just went haywire, so it came down quicker than it went up lol. My step son has a new CAM and next time he's over to stay I'm gonna see if I can borrow it for awhile.

michelew

Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:41 am

Fantastic! - looking forward to it.

mark

Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:59 am

Great video.
I think the sound quality is fine.

I'm envious of your left hand position which is the best I've seen at totally guitars.

Slow and steady is always good. Much better than an out of time rushed rendition.

suziko

Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:39 pm

Michele,

Wow! What a great job! Like so many other commenters, I'm crazy envious of your practically perfect left hand position. Seeing you playing with a strap makes me think that maybe I should get one for myself. It looks like it makes it easier to keep the neck of the guitar elevated, which would mean making it easier to get your left hand in better postion.

Also, kudos to you for being on camera, face and all. I'm a little shy about it still, but seeing you has inspired me. Next video of mine, maybe I'll throw caution to the wind and not cut myself off at the neck :)

Karma to you! Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic