Blackbird - Michelew - my very first video EVER

michelew

Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:08 am

I've decided to take the advice of you sweet folk and just post a video, without worrying about getting it to the level that I'd prefer it to be at. Lots of you helped me to get over my performance anxiety - you know who you are - a big thank you. There is a lot about my performance (and video) that needs improvement - not the least of which is learning how to use iMovie and getting myself a microphone. The sound is really crappy as I've just used the mic that is built into my mac. But, I figure it is a start and will help me to see how (and whether) I'm improving and you guys to give me feedback on the things that I can work on to improve.

I'm very nervous - hence the grim expression. I'm working on heaps of things including the angle of my right hand, making my notes more consistent in volume and length and trying to relax and just enjoy playing. One day I'd like to be able to sing the lyrics, but that day is not today - that day won't be for a long time I suspect.

Chris - thanks - your karma point actually inspired me to post too, I had to pay you back by plucking up the courage.

Here it is.

Thanks

Michele

AndyT

Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:36 am

Very nice classical hand position! Wow! That was excellent for your first video! Sound was very clear. Maybe the deep bass of it did not come fully across, but hey it was really good! Karma to you!

BigBear

Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:00 am

Michele- That is just fantastic! Great first effort! How long did you say you've been playing? I wasn't expecting that! Even though your tempo was slow and deliberate your pacing was really good, very steady. What that means is as you get more comfortable with the song it won't be as hard for you to increase speed as it might be for others.

Finally, you don't need to make excuses or apologies for anything! You are doing great! Congratulations on all your hard work and practice, it really shows! WOW! :cheer:

Chasplaya

Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:03 am

Great job Michele, karma to you. Advice... none except post more :)

michelew

Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:04 am

Thanks Andy and Bear for your kind words. You've really boosted my spirits. Regarding my timing, one thing I didn't say in my intro is that I played the clarinet in high school for a couple of years, so I do have some music back ground. But, thanks all the same. It's really encouraging to get your feedback. Michele

michelew

Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:07 am

Hey Chas you snuck in while I was replying to Bear and Andy. Thanks to you too and for the Karma points. You guys were all part of the pep talk party. So I don't think I would have had the courage to post it just yet without you. Glad I did. M.

tovo

Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:08 am

A very big and sincere WELL DONE Michele. I think the other guys have covered it all, it was really good, very precise, clear changes and playing up the neck like that and doing it so well is something you should be very proud of. I think you will only continue to impress. Karma to you.

haoli25

Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:00 am

WOW Michele!!!!! Karma for you. Thank you for posting your video.

Bill Image

jayswett

Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:37 am

That was great. You looked like you were in perfect control of that guitar. Nice and deliberate, not rushed at all, clear notes. Loved it. Can't wait to hear you sing it. Tell me about that guitar you are playing.

stratman3

Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:55 am

Michele,

Excellent job,nicely done, Blackbird is one of the song I am working on right now. In fact, I was just practicing it just before I watched your video and after watching you I know I am on the right track. I am getting there. Great Job!! B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic