Blackbird - Michelew - my very first video EVER

neverfoundthetime

Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:04 am

Wow Michele, you did it! Great job too! Sorry about the paying the karma in advance trick to force your hand (had you slated as a well brought up ex girl guide) but it worked (along with all the encouragement from the great TG members)! I loved your grim reaper comment ;-), yeah it's tough on camera first time but your playing didn't show that at all. Great timing and you finished the whole song (hard to do) and just look at those hands: they were made for playing the guitar and those fingers moved like it too!
Here's the second half of the karma down-payment coming at you. Well done on joining the video poster's club!

michelew

Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:15 am

Thanks everyone - you're bunch of sweeties (that a good thing). I feel really supported. After all of that I may just be able to wear something other than a petrified grimace next time. If anyone is thinking of posting a video and finding it scary - just go with it - it is scary but great getting on the other side - especially after reading your feedback . And its a good way of finding the inspiration to learn a song too. Have a read of the responses that I got on my 'performance anxiety' thread - gold! Talk to you soon. Jayswettt - I have a Yamaha - FG-413S (SDB).

AcousticAl

Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:57 am

That was great! Very controlled.. the speed will come with time. Makes me want to revisit this song myself. I posted it a while ago in the TG Community section, but I took it down as I didn't play it correctly. YOU DO.

Karma!

Yamaha48

Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:24 am

Hello Michele.
Big hand for your work,to make a video.
Blackbird is for me,not a easy one to play.
You playing also on a Yamaha Guitar!nice instrument.
I m looking forwards to a nother video from you.

Mucical greeting Anton

wiley

Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:46 am

lmc831

Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:46 pm

Michele,

You did a good job on Blackbird. YOur pace was nice and steady. I am also working on that piece...Thanks for sharing!

Lisa

mmmbldo

Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:36 pm

Nice video...very good concentration, focused and steady. I look forward to future postings.

jayswett

Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:41 pm

I just watched your video again. Several comments:

1) Your left hand positioning is precisely what I am striving for. I don't think I saw your left thumb during the entire performance

2) I also have a Yamaha which I love to play. Mine is an entry level, but I do enjoy it's sound quite alot

3) I wouldn't describe your face as a "petrified grimace", but I will admit it was a far cry from the big smile I see in your avatar image!

4) Great first video. Looking forward to many more.

rcsnydley

Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:34 pm

Very well done, Michele. And a very ambitious first video, I don't think I would have attempted Blackbird. Looking forward to more.

Ric

jim56

Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:36 pm

Michele, Very nicely done. I noticed how you kept the rhythm going, that's a challenging picking song and you did well. Someday I'll post one, Right after Chas. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic