Babe I' m gonna leave you , Marc

Lavallee

Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:09 am

Merci beaucoup, Suzi

Marc

Chasplaya

Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:23 am

Lavallee wrote:
Chas, remind me to send you a check.. intro better than Page, right.... :)

Marc
You're version of the intro is way cleaner than this version:

Lavallee

Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:29 am

at 0.45 s, you can see Jimmy's eyes: either he did not sleep much or was under cough medication! We can see the end on this video and obviously the endind I had in the LZ book is wrong and Neil was right, will have to revert to the ending with the bar chords.

Thnaks for the video Chas

Marc

michelew

Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:05 pm

Marc,

That was really beautiful, I'll be using your clean, crisp finger picking as a yardstick.

I loved being about to see the expression on your face too.

I assume you were using Neil's invisible pick trick for the strumming. I find that I often end up hitting the strings in such a way that it goes up between my nails. Have you found that? If so, how did you correct it?

We'll I'm all out of karma points - gave it to Joe and I already owe Suzi one - but I enjoyed your post so much that there's one coming you way in about 12 hours.

THanks

Michele

goldleaf

Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:52 pm

Marc, super job, great finger picking. Good job on one take, that's what I decided on Harvest Moon, what it is it is and you really kept a good pace and good clean picking, like you have control of that song. Gary

Lavallee

Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:59 pm

Thank you very much for the good comments Michele.Regarding the invisible pick, I was getting (and still does) the same problem you described, hitting a string on the up or down stroke with the tip of the pointer or the thumb. I am trying to keep the end of the fingers matching. You hit the individual string when the tips of you fingers gets misaligned and then your nail (if you have some) from either finger grabs the string. I think it is just a mather of focus (another thing to focus on).

Marc

Lavallee

Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:06 pm

goldleaf wrote:
Marc, super job, great finger picking. Good job on one take, that's what I decided on Harvest Moon, what it is it is and you really kept a good pace and good clean picking, like you have control of that song. Gary
Thanks Gary for the good comments. As you said one take , it is what it is. The idea is not to practice in front of the camera. When you are ready even if it is not perfect it does not mather ss you are only trying to improve and that is why people comment positively.

Marc

reiver

Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:14 pm

Nicely played Mark. The switch between picking and strumming makes it tough to play and I thought you did a really good job of it - particularily in one take.

The bar keeps getting raised and it's really good to see people happy to share their talent

one karma comin' up.....

r

Lavallee

Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:24 pm

Thanks Reiver. The switching from strumming is what I have been practicing ( I knew the song and I grinded that section for 2 months). I could see Neil doing it effortlessly and it was inspiring. Still need to improve especially that quick strumming section.

Marc

michelew

Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:10 pm

Thanks for the advice Marc.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic