Babe I' m gonna leave you , Marc

Lavallee

Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:30 pm

Hi All, I have been working on using the thumb for 2 bass notes and to keep the other fingers in home position. Tried to improve the transition between the strumming and the fingerpicking as Neil was showing. Using the New Zoom Q3 I just received (good sound, so so image when light is faint). I am using an amplifier to give justice to the guitar since the APX 900 is a very small body and the bass notes are quite weak in acoustic mode. I only took one take because it was getting dark and I wanted to use daylight to compare with the fip video I had, so there are a few bumps. Let me know where this could be improved.

Thanks

Marc

haoli25

Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:51 pm

You nailed it Marc!! Excellent! Thank you for posting your video. Image

BigBear

Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:56 pm

Marc- I'm a big Led Zep fan and I don't know that song at all. So I went back and looked at a video of it. You did a really nice job staying true to the song. Your fingerpicking was excellent and I really liked your ability to accent the correct notes in the picking pattern. That takes practice!

Can I ask what video editing program you use to capture and download your video?

Great job and thanks for posting!!

Cheers! :cheer:

Lavallee

Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:30 pm

Hi Rick and Bill, thanks fro the good comments

Rick, Babe I" m gonna leave you is part of target. For the recording, I used a mini camcorder call Zoom Q3. I just post my impressions of the camera in Al's tech corner.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/community ... roupid=106

jayswett

Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:03 pm

First video that I've seen for this song that includes the ending. Your version of the ending sounds very good, but it is different than what Neil teaches in his video. I have found the interlude to be difficult, but you managed to play it almost effortlessly. Your fingerpicking is great. The strumming could use a little work, but not much. Great first video. Once I get that interlude down, I'll post my updated version. Could be a while, though. Congrats on a very solid effort on a great song.

Lavallee

Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:23 pm

Jay thanks for the comments, I agree that the strumming could be improved especially on that 2 nd chord at the 7 fret which buzz too much. I was afraid that it would be too loud so I was minimizing the strenght on the strumming, not a good idea. The ending is different from Neil but I think they are the same chords (they sound similar anyway), I was not able to do the stretching with the bar chord Neils is doing. The alternate ending is from a Led Zeppelin book I have. I acuatally did another video on classical gas before but it needed some work and I plan to do another video as I have been practicing it.

Marc

nemastetaylor

Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:25 am

Wow, I would say you more than nailed that song. That was awesome. You really have those notes ringing out....Jimmie :-) Great playing.

Nemaste

Lavallee

Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:28 am

Thanks Nemaste, longer finger nails helps for the ringing.

Marc

tovo

Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:31 am

Can only say it was awesome Marc. Great job.

Lavallee

Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:34 am

Thanks Tovo

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic