Down and Out - first target video post

suziko

Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:52 pm

Like Tovo and Jayswett said, it's not as hard to break the "pinky anchor" habit as you might think. It'll take a day or two of feeling like you're lost over your strings, and then you'll orientate yourself again. I was lucky to break that habit early in my guitar playing, 'cos I'm sure it gets harder the longer you've done it.

Anyway, good job on your first video! That wasn't a song I knew, but it sounded really sweet! Karma to you!

AndyT

Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:08 pm

Karma on your first video.

Also, try and have the guitar flat against you, not at an angle where you can look at the strings. You need to learn to do it by feel and not sight. I struggle with that one as well. Having the guitar flat against you will also make it easier to get your wrist around front and give you better hand position.

AcousticAl

Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:35 pm

Great job, Captain- and congrats on your first video!

One thing you might want to check is your right hand position. Neil posted a video response to my 'Braindamage' video. In it he covered how to improve my right hand position-- which looks very similar to how yours is in your video.

Karma for you (if I've got any left in the tank!)

Al

Chasplaya

Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:06 am

Great courage to tackle a great song. I like Eric Claptons version of this, but did you know this is one of the most covered songs of all time.

Karma for the effort and the first to put up something (cover) of Eric Claptons. I try to play this with a shuffle feel to it similar to EC, and a combination of fingerpicking and strumming.

Good on ya mate.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic