Blackbird

willem

Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:54 pm

Willem, I'm playing the song according to Neil's tab, not the beatles version, its the first song I've played through according to the tab, I watched Neil's video and worked out all the sections as he played them, as he says somewhere, its how he plays it, not how Paul McCartney plays it, hope that helps.

Hey Joe, it helps, i was not thinking on Niel's tab and the way he does, i was follow you and the song of the Beatles was in my mind......

Chasplaya

Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:19 pm

Hey Heyjoe! What can I say, good job mate! Good timing good chord changes isn't Bear being picky about the right hand though lol.

Really enjoyed that, and you are so right the feel can come once you've nailed the technicalities, I didn't think the feel was that far off anyway it didn't sound stilted to me.

Good on ya Mate!

Karma coming at ya

michelew

Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:33 pm

Great job Joe. Cool technique - you really make it look effortless. And regarding feel - I don't think you have anything to worry about. Playing it at a different speed (faster) gives it a different feel all my itself. It's all good. I watched your first 2 videos and you're a completely different guitarist. Good work. Karma to you!

goldleaf

Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:10 pm

Joe, Great job, gives me a goal to shoot for, I'd be very happy if I could play Blackbird that well. Good on you and keep them coming. Gary

heyjoe

Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:33 pm

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys, it really does mean a lot to me. Knowing that people appreciate my playing inspires me to keep practicing and to making more videos.

I've chosen my next song to record, it'll be a while off though, it's something that I've been trying to play for months, and I'm starting to get some of it right now. As you can probably tell I'm working on technical stuff at the moment, I think through repetition and familiarisation, the feeling on the new tunes will come, that said, I agree with those who say it doesn't sound stilted.

Thanks all

Joe

p.s to those who havent put videos up yet, go for it, its a great way to learn.

p.p.s I may just join the faces in videos club next video..or are we counting competition entries in the club too?

neverfoundthetime

Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:59 am

Hey Joe! I was to quick on your video, trying to get it to play when it wouldn't when you first posted it. Now I can hear it: great job! You look really relaxed playing that.
All the good comments have by now been made so I'm left with complaining about not being able to hear your singing..... are you humming along there? :-).
Seriously, great job Joe, the karma chameleon is smiling at ya! Next song please!

heyjoe

Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:54 am

Hi Chris

Thanks for the feedback, and no, you'll never hear me sing, ill animals sound better than I do! Next song is already in the works, I reckon its about 50% of the way there, now onto the hard 50%.

Thanks

Joe

AcousticAl

Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:31 am

Hi again Joe,

I just watched your video again- this time with headphones on. Don't know if you're aware, but you're only recording audio on 1 channel. Drop me a pm if you want to check your connectors vs. mine to troubleshoot.

Al

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic