'Old Man' by AcousticAl

AcousticAl

Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:03 am

Thanks Catfish! (cool handle!)

And also thanks Michele. I know from your posts that you prefer to see people's faces while they play. Have to think about that one. I'm pretty selective about what I put on the net. Within the walls of TG is one thing- but these student review videos need to be public on youtube. Having said that, I never would have imagined posting ANY of my playing.. or pictures.. or regularly posting.. or chatting with friends that I've never met online before stumbling onto TG.

Al

P.S. Work is overrated. Play guitar instead!

AcousticAl

Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:06 am

"Work is overrated. Play guitar instead!"

THAT should be on a T-shirt!! I'm not entering the T-shirt contest, so whoever wants it- take it. (Just slide me some karma as payback)

B)

bekrayorke

Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:40 pm

Thanks for posting! I'm working on this, and it's a help and inspiration to watch your play-through. Even though we're all playing the same notes and chords (in theory), everyone has a different style. Yours is calm and steady: very nice!

goldleaf

Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:56 pm

Good job Al, I think your clearing the way for more of us to make more video posts. If your not afraid to do a post with a few unplanned events and just say here it is. I helps take some of the pressure off of others and just may help them get the confidence to post a video or two. Awesome Al, keep them coming, Gary.

jayswett

Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:01 pm

bekrayorke wrote:
everyone has a different style. Yours is calm and steady: very nice!
I agree. I would add "smooth" to those descriptors.

nemastetaylor

Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:30 am

HI Al, it looks like you are getting it. That little G Base run before the Chorus is hard to get. I am working on this song too. One of my favorite songs. My EM7 is very unconventional looking. When I finally post this song you will see what I mean. But it seems to work for me. My wrist doesn' like the "correct" EM7 so I do what works for me.
You sound good though.

Nemaste

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic