Needle and the Damage Done- Suziko Version

suziko

Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:40 pm

Well, even YOUR powers have to have some limits, Al!

Cosmicmechanic- I can't imagine anyone would ever get tired of hearing "well done," so I appreciate the kind thoughts! I'll have to go back and watch my video to see which transition you mean. Thanks so much!

leeson

Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:09 pm

nice job Suzi,I am working on Needle and the Damage done now, too. Maybe I will figure out how to post a video and then I could get some feed back. I am sure I would choke on camera! I am trying to sing along with it at the same time and that adds another level of complexity. That I will NEVER post. Good work. Post some more.

Bill

suziko

Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:19 pm

Bill,

I'd love to see your video! Posting is great; I've gotten a lot of really helpful constructive criticism on my videos that have helped me to improve quicker. Plus, it's always nice to get encouragement! Choking on camera is very common. You might want to plan to do a bunch of takes, then just pick the one you like best. Or just upload the first take. People understand that it's stressful. Don't know if you saw this thread, but you might find it helpful to read:

http://www.totallyguitars.com/forum/4-g ... ing-videos

Singing and playing is hard. I think there was a thread on that, too, but I can't find it right now. Being really familiar with a song's lyrics helps. I'll see if i can find that thread and then post it.

Anyway, good luck! Suzi

terrynewton

Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:01 pm

Hey Suzi, Terry here. That is a tough one to get down I'm sure. Sometimes it is best to just put a song aside for a while if it is getting to us. I do that at times. Usually when you come back, you find it a little easier to deal with. But you did a really nice job. Feel good about it, I do for you.
I love your questions about yourself LOL. You looked very nice for your first appearance. Once you stop thinking about that, your feelings on the song will start to show through, and believe me, when I let that happen, I am more relaxed and I play the song better. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not by any means better looking when I do that. It just helps me get into the music better. If you take a look at my last video, you will most likely start cracking up, hoping I don't fall asleep before I'm done, LOL. I look forward to seeing you again. Keep up the good work.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:21 pm

With over 600 views, this is the most viewed student's video to date Suzie, I believe. Way to go!

cabro

Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:59 pm

I've been out of touch for a bit and then I come back and find this. You did this on 10 days practice? And then gave UP! I've worked with alleged pros who didn't have near the hudspa you showed in your video. Nicely done Suzi. The professionalism you showed by playing through your minor glitches is to be commended. There are lots of people that can't do that. Pretty darn good for a song you gave up on.

Chris (the American one)

Chasplaya

Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:01 am

Hey Suzi, with this fantastic response you have to be a contender for the TG Hall of Fame!!

Good on ya mate!

suziko

Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:54 pm

Terry- Great advice! I remember watching your video for Classical Gas and thinking that you looked so comfortable and confident (I'm pretty sure that's the one where you wink at the camera at the end). It's a place I'd like to get to, and maybe this is one way to strive towards that.

Chris and Chas- I'm flattered and honored, but feel truly undeserving. There are so many much, much better players here at TG who deserve to be watched twice as much. I'm sure being one of the few women on TG helps ;)

American Chris- Thanks so much for your kind words. Being ultra-ambitious, I always think that anything I could do in 10 days should have been done in 5 days, and twice as well! But I'm starting to realize I need to be a little more kind and patient with myself. I am proud of how much progress I've made since joining TG. I never would have thought, 6 months ago, that I'd be playing this song (and not just because I didn't know Needle at that point!)

Thanks, all! Suzi

dekotaj

Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:12 am

Hey Suziko.Happy New Year.I was on u-tube last night watching Vids that were recommended for me,Watching this vid said to myself I think I seen this finger picking before,Then it hit me ,ya Suziko was doing this,but not to this song.I guess my point being Neil was right learn one song can help with others.Will something like that.If you enjoy the beatles,and want to do it look like you have most of it down.If so when done post it so we can all take a look.

P.s. I hope pasting this link like this workes.Kevin

suziko

Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:14 am

Kevin- I've been thinking of looking at Dear Prudence this coming year. Now I have even more reason to do so.

Thanks!

Happy New Year! Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic