Needle and the Damage Done- Suziko Version

michelew

Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:56 pm

WOW Suzi, that was great! So much for being a beginner. It doesn't show. I just gave away a karma point so I'll need to owe you one (in another 6 hours). Now you've inspired me to learn another song - it's becoming a looong list.

Good job on showing us all of you too! It's soooo much better to be able to see your face. Don't worry about your 'guitar face' - you didn't look grim like me. I know what you mean about the distraction though. When I did mine I kept thinking - 'oh my God I look so old', and 'does my skin really look that bad', etc....

Let's see how serious other people look when they decide to join the 'include your face' bandwagon. I'm guessing we'll both lighten up as we start to feel more confident in front of the camera.

Bottom line - you did great! - I'm envious at how quickly you got to that stage too.

Michele

suziko

Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:15 pm

Thanks, Michele! It's a great song to learn, and probably no harder than Blackbird! But I know what you mean about the loooong list of songs. Mine is ridiculous.

I'm glad you thought I didn't look grim. I thought I looked uber-serious throughout the entire thing. But, like you said, maybe we'll start to loosen up in front of the camera and show our true colors :) Plus, I'm hoping we'll start a trend!

nemastetaylor

Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:21 pm

Sounds great!!! I am impressed that you can do independent hammer ons with your middle finger without lifting your other fingers. Plus the flow and strumming are strong. You have very good right wrist action. It's a hard song and I think you did a great job!!!

Nemaste

michelew

Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:21 pm

Absolutely! and the challenge is seconded - we challenge you all to show us you guitar face (for one, looking at headless guitar players is just plain disturbing - halloween is finished after all).

(hmmm... really I think Chris may have started the 'include your face' trend - but we're hijacking it).

suziko

Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:40 pm

Nemaste- Thanks! I don't always get the hammer-ons as well as I somehow did for this video. Still, they're coming along.

Michele- Yes, Chris might have been the first to go The Full Monty (figuratively speaking) in his video. And Marc (LaVallee) did too in his recent "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You." So we're in good company :)

michelew

Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:12 pm

You're absolutely right Suzi - I just watched Marc's post - simply beautiful and a great guitar face too. We've forgotten to add Jim - he showed his guitar face and sang (very brave) - 'House of the Rising Sun'. I'm sure we've missed others too - you know who you are - feel free to remind me - I might not have gotten to watching your video yet.

So 'good on you' to everyone that has already posted a video showing their guitar face - the wave has begun....

And - thanks to everyone that has posted a video - it's great watching how everyone is progressing - keeps me practising and wanting to do better.

BobR

Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:34 pm

I thought you did a really good job. I am still trying that song plus a couple other Neil Young songs. I need to stick to one till I get it. I'd like to post something soon.

Bob

michelew

Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:35 pm

OK Suzi - karma paid.

haoli25

Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:22 pm

You never know WHO is watching your video.

Two young ladies that are near and dear to my heart, one the daughter of my best friend (age 15) and the other is one of my nieces (age 14) have recently started playing guitar. They were inspired to start playing after watching the video contributions of Suzi, Michele, Roberta, and Barb. I'm sure you ladies have inspired other females to take up the guitar also. My sincerest thanks and big hugs to all of you for your contributions to TG. I hope to see Katy and Brin in the TARGET program very soon.

Sorry for hijacking your thread.

Bill

:)

the_chelsea_potter

Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:24 pm

Great job Suzi. I was blown away by your performance. You look like a seasoned pro. I've been working on this song and really appreciate your technique. I only wish I could play the song half as good as you. I too am struggling with the hammer ons and find it easier to lift my index finger. Keep up the good work.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic