Needle and the Damage Done- Suziko Version

AcousticAl

Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:09 am

We're now up to THREE pages of great comments for a video that Suzi wasn't sure if she should post! Learn from Suzi, TG. Post your videos!!!

**This post makes it FOUR pages!!

suziko

Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:45 am

Sure, Al, but if you took out the back and forth banter between you and me it would probably shrink it down to 2 pages :)

suziko

Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:55 am

Bob- Thanks! I hope you do post something. I'm sure you'll be glad you did.

Michele- Since you've paid up on the karma, I'll let my henchman know that he doesn't have to pay you a visit ;)

Bill- Wow, that is about the best thing anyone's said to me in a long time! You can hijack my thread anytime! It is strange that more women don't play guitar, and I'm thrilled to think I might help to inspire a young woman to take it up because it's such a rewarding hobby.

Marc- Thanks so much for your kind words! I'm glad I seemed like a seasoned pro, because I sure didn't feel like one. Hammer-ons are hard, and I certainly don't always "nail" them ;) But the more I practice, the better they're getting. I've been playing "Friend of the Devil" a lot lately, too, which has a bunch of hammer-ons, so that gave me some good practice. Hope to see a video from you soon!

Suzi

michelew

Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:51 pm

suziko wrote:
Michele- Since you've paid up on the karma, I'll let my henchman know that he doesn't have to pay you a visit ;)

Bill- Wow, that is about the best thing anyone's said to me in a long time! You can hijack my thread anytime! It is strange that more women don't play guitar, and I'm thrilled to think I might help to inspire a young woman to take it up because it's such a rewarding hobby

Suzi - you crack me up! I literally laughed out loud at the henchmen comment - hilarious.

Bill - that is so nice - I got all choked up reading your comment. It would be so great to have Katy and Brin join the community. I think/hope that they'd love it here too. TG is overflowing with sweet supportive people and I for one would be cheering them on.

You've given me even more inspiration to play and post. THank you.

Michele

jayswett

Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:48 pm

Listened to this again tonight. Great technique, and wow, what a beautiful guitar. What model Taylor is that?

suziko

Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:34 pm

Jay, It's a 300 series Grand Concert size Taylor. Here's a link to more info on it:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Taylor-GC3- ... 1175352.gc

I do love it so much!

cosmicmechanic

Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:06 am

Hi Suzi, I won't go into any general compliments, I guess that is now "ho-hum" for you. :)

I have to say that I like the way you do that little transition at about 1min03 secs.
I'm struggling to get that fluid, and you are pretty much close to that.

keep it up!

jayswett

Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:36 am

suziko wrote:
Jay, It's a 300 series Grand Concert size Taylor. Here's a link to more info on it:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Taylor-GC3- ... 1175352.gc

I do love it so much!
It would appear that Al gave you some great advice.

suziko

Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:35 pm

That's true, though Al can't really take the credit for me getting a Taylor. He probably thinks I should have bought a Fender :) It was a group effort that led me to this particular guitar, with Al in particular suggesting I look into something smaller, and Bear, Tovo, Nemaste and a few others suggesting a small Taylor. I was originally focused on finding a Martin 000-15 (suggested by Music Junkie), but noone in my area had one in stock; besides, once this Taylor fell into my hands it was love at first play!

AcousticAl

Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:32 pm

suziko wrote:
That's true, though Al can't really take the credit for me getting a Taylor. He probably thinks I should have bought a Fender :) It was a group effort that led me to this particular guitar, with Al in particular suggesting I look into something smaller, and Bear, Tovo, Nemaste and a few others suggesting a small Taylor. I was originally focused on finding a Martin 000-15 (suggested by Music Junkie), but noone in my area had one in stock; besides, once this Taylor fell into my hands it was love at first play!
Could it be that I'm losing my 'crazy mind-controlling mojo'??. Say it ain't so, Suzi!!
:unsure:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic