Classical gas second trial Marc

jayswett

Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:32 pm

I agree with all of the above. You have the song down very nicely, and now it's time to just perfect what you are already doing quite well. I haven't seen your first vid but will look for it. Very nice job.

Lavallee

Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:47 pm

Thank you Jay .

Lavallee

Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:58 pm

mmmbldo wrote:
Great job! I haven't seen Neil's lesson yet, so I can't make a comparison. I noticed a couple of places in your rendition that sounded slightly different from what I remember the original to be, but you might be staying true to Neil's arrangement. Just listen for those differences (if they do indeed exist) and keep practicing. You are well on your way to mastering a tough piece.
Thanks mmmbldo, I am certain that Neil's version is right on the nose . I have been looking for tabs for quite some times and never found anything accurate until TG. This is always a concern that when take a song for a longterm project that you can trust the music sheet. So there is still plenty of work on my part, but is fun

Marc

stratman3

Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:53 am

EXCELLENT job, I can't even go near that song, tried it,got about the first 6 or 7 measures, once it gets going, that's it for me.........someday.
Nicely done.

AcousticAl

Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:06 am

Hi Marc. I really enjoyed your piece. Looks like good left hand position- especially when you go up the neck. I haven't tried this song, but I assume proper hand position is essential. Your right hand looks good too-- fingers pointed mostly toward the floor.

Karma for all of your hard work on this song.

Lavallee

Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:58 am

Thanks Stratman, glad you are giving a shot. You do not have to wait until it is completed to make a video. You could complete the intro and make one.

Good luck
Marc

Lavallee

Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:08 am

AcousticAl wrote:
Hi Marc. I really enjoyed your piece. Looks like good left hand position- especially when you go up the neck. I haven't tried this song, but I assume proper hand position is essential. Your right hand looks good too-- fingers pointed mostly toward the floor.

Hi Al, The left hand is a constant battle. I am so used to the baseball bat grip. If I do not pay attention it comes back in the middle of a song. I am starting to see the benefits now as the notes comes out cleaner.

Thanks

haoli25

Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:26 am

Bravo Marc! All of your hard work is really paying off...that was awesome. A good lesson for us all, practice can cure everything but impatience. Thank you for posting your video.

Bill Image

willem

Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:33 am

Marc,i listen once and after reading the forum i listen again(i saw you first to) and i love all your doing,especially when your going further on the neck you hand is doing fine and when you go back you stay there awhile and i see your batlle and love that to see and i know that you get there after a time,,,,great!!!! great song and i'm gonna call you Marc ,,Manson''.....

AcousticAl

Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:37 am

Lavallee wrote:
AcousticAl wrote:

Hi Al, The left hand is a constant battle. I am so used to the baseball bat grip. If I do not pay attention it comes back in the middle of a song. I am starting to see the benefits now as the notes comes out cleaner.

Thanks

That's interesting, Marc. I was going to write that your left hand position seemed to be better while going up the neck and not as good further down. Either way, your notes seem clean, so you're doing something right.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic