Classical gas second trial Marc

Lavallee

Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:09 pm

Thanks Dean, glad you are working on it. The benefit of learning this song and see your improvement, is that you have less fear in considering complicated songs. Since you know that if you spend the time you will eventually get where you want so if a song looks out of your reach, you just sit down taking one note at the time knowing that it is achievable. This is what I owe to TG: having the confidence that everything is possible.

Marc

Chasplaya

Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:39 pm

Well done Marc, 2yrs+ shows great dedication and patience, and its paying off. I think it was cabro who mentioned in another thread that to keep playing through slight mistakes is quite a thing to do, you know where you make slight fluidity errors as has been mentioned work on those areas and you will have it totally nailed man.

karma to you for dedication and perseverance.

Good on ya mate

Lavallee

Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:43 pm

Thank you Chas, the videos are quite useful when you know that other people are looking at them. You get more critical about yourself (positively, for me anyway)and you can locate where the improvement needs to be done. I hope that it will sound like like Neil eventually.

Thnaks for the kind words

Marc

willem

Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:19 am

Marc, you inspired me to give it a go and now that i've looked at the lesson (only the intro and section A), i know you did a very very good yob in your second trail..

ps, how did you practise,can you give some advice, where were the difficults etc..
do you memorise our do you play and read the tab.....

Willem..

Lavallee

Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:42 am

Hi Willem glad you are taking a shot at it. The first to learn something like this is to memorize the notes on both hands. Seems obvious, but this is the part that I find where you have to be the most patient and set a time limit because you have to develop the muscle memory of both hands.

For this step, you look at Neil's video alternating between the play through and the section your learning. I find the Guitar Pro software an invaluable tool to remember the notes, beacuse you can play back a small section of the tabs very slowly. You can put that section in a loop and play it 10 times until you see a pattern.

I have been using it for about a year and a half and I find that I can try so many songs since the partition are free on the net (they are not always good tabs, but you can choose from many versions). Once you have memorized a section, It will be easier to follow Neils, who shows the rhythm and proper positionning. You can download a trial version of Guitar Pro which is valid for 15 days, and Icould send you the file I used.

Sorry for the long text
Marc

willem

Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:22 am

Marc, no sorry for the long advise(tekst),i'm very glad that someone tells me how he practise,thanks,,goodluck to you....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic