Classical gas second trial Marc

Lavallee

Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:40 am

haoli25 wrote:
Bravo Marc! All of your hard work is really paying off...that was awesome. A good lesson for us all, practice can cure everything but impatience. Thank you for posting your video.

Bill Image
Thanks Bill

Lavallee

Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:41 am

willem wrote:
Marc,i listen once and after reading the forum i listen again(i saw you first to) and i love all your doing,especially when your going further on the neck you hand is doing fine and when you go back you stay there awhile and i see your batlle and love that to see and i know that you get there after a time,,,,great!!!! great song and i'm gonna call you Marc ,,Manson''.....
Thanks Willem, I am glad my first name is not Charles then ;)

Marc

suziko

Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:04 am

Marc, Wow, very impressive! That piece looks so daunting that I can't even imagine tackling it, but I like your philosophy of taking a challenging song and working at it a little at a time, without any kind of timeline. I was looking at Harvest Moon this week, and I think I'm going to put your philosophy into practice with that one! I'm much less patient than you, though, so I hope it doesn't take me 2 years to nail :)

Thanks for posting this! karma, mon ami! Suzi

AndyT

Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:29 pm

Willem and Al think your hand position looks better this way or that. What I see is that you have the neck actually pointing away from you because you have the guitar so far to your right. I can understand why you hold it that way, I did the same thing some some time until it was pointed out to me. Bring the guitar around in front of you. Point the neck to your left, not forward and left. This will make it easier to get good hand position.

willem

Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:29 pm

Lavallee wrote:
willem wrote:
Marc,i listen once and after reading the forum i listen again(i saw you first to) and i love all your doing,especially when your going further on the neck you hand is doing fine and when you go back you stay there awhile and i see your batlle and love that to see and i know that you get there after a time,,,,great!!!! great song and i'm gonna call you Marc ,,Manson''.....

Marc
ahahahah i see, dam.... i mean MASON MARC, you had a big laugh i guess,but i love what you doing there and think that everybody like's that song and try it,looking forwards to your proggres ,

Lavallee

Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:16 pm

Thank you for the kind words, Suzi. As you and Bill have mentioned, patience is difficult to handle. I am not patient at all, but somehow I am more patient with the guitar. I think not giving a deadline (and accepting for real) to a song helps.

Bonne journée

Marc

Lavallee

Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:20 pm

AndyT wrote:
Willem and Al think your hand position looks better this way or that. What I see is that you have the neck actually pointing away from you because you have the guitar so far to your right. I can understand why you hold it that way, I did the same thing some some time until it was pointed out to me. Bring the guitar around in front of you. Point the neck to your left, not forward and left. This will make it easier to get good hand position.
This is a very good point, Andy, I had not noticed it. My shirts seem to be way thicker in front and the guitar slides to right ;)

I will make a point to keep the guitar in front of me thus keeping the neck parallel to my torso.

Marc

Lavallee

Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:26 pm

willem wrote:
Lavallee wrote:
willem wrote:

Marc
ahahahah i see, dam.... i mean MASON MARC, you had a big laugh i guess,but i love what you doing there and think that everybody like's that song and try it,looking forwards to your proggres ,
Glad you have a good sense of humor Willem. Thanks for the good comments.

Marc

AndyT

Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:22 pm

Yeah, my shirts are really thick up front too. I have to get my wife to start buying me thinner ones.... :laugh:

dtaylor

Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:02 pm

Kudos to you Marc, you've done the hard work now just to enjoy polishing it up and hearing it improve every time you play it. Makes me want to practice more now and get it nailed...

Dean

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic