BLACK BIRD IN PROGRESS FIRST VIDEO BY WILLEM

AndyT

Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:28 pm

Willem,
I am working on my next video now. I will film it in 2 parts. Before and after.

BobR

Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:57 pm

Great Job Willem. I really liked the finger picking which you seem real comfortable with. I need to get some video uploaded soon.

Bob

haoli25

Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:05 pm

Excellent Willem! I think you are well on your way to having that song down. Thank you for posting your video. Karma and CHEESE to you. :laugh:

Bill Image

AcousticAl

Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:16 pm

Willem! Nice work on 'Blackbird'! Thought you did a really good job, and I'm also glad you put it up in progress.

I don't know how close you'd like to come to Neil's version, but I noticed that your right hand picking seems to switch between using your index finger, and not using your index. Neil suggests that we never use the index finger for this song. Check out his right hand closeup to see what he means. That's also something I'm working on changing for this song.

Anyways, really enjoyed it, and I look forward to your next video!

Cheeeeeese!!

Al

Lavallee

Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:15 am

Hi Willem, I just post this but somehow it was not saved. Anyhow really like your video, quite an improvement from your first one. You have a good fingerpicking rhythm. If anything , you could work in putting more emhasis on the bass notes. Your fingers are very lively, but you thumb is quieter. Maybe you can hear the bass notes fine at home, but on the recording we hear mainly the high notes and the the bass notes are faint. I think your chord changing is getting quite good, a bit more practice and they will all sound clear.

Good Karma for you, Willem

Marc

willem

Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:47 am

Bob thanks,fingerpickingis a thing i like,looking forwards to yours...

Bill,the cheese is melting,,thanks for the nice respons,,see you!!! on stage!!

AL,you have a good observation in you, i switch and i tryed with the thumb there but that was not going well so that was my solution there,,maybe in the next vid,i give it a look(Neils righthand),and my cheese was very away, i try to work on that to,,,,cheers.

Marc, your all the way right about the basss and the lively fingers(looks like a ballet),i was not happy by not earing the bass/notes they are so inportant and nice to ear, i hope i get it done.........thanks for your support....

jayswett

Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:44 pm

Just listened to this again. I should have mentioned that your guitar sounds great. Also, as I watched your picking pattern, it seemed inconsistent in that sometimes you used your thumb for the third string, and other times you used what looked like your index finger. If I'm not mistaken, Neil uses his thumb throughout, treating that third string as a high base note. I haven't watched that lesson in a while, so I could be wrong.

nemastetaylor

Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:07 am

wow,sounded good. Your right hand alternating bass was very well done. good job!!!!!

Nemaste

willem

Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:22 am

jayswett wrote:
Just listened to this again. I should have mentioned that your guitar sounds great. Also, as I watched your picking pattern, it seemed inconsistent in that sometimes you used your thumb for the third string, and other times you used what looked like your index finger. If I'm not mistaken, Neil uses his thumb throughout, treating that third string as a high base note. I haven't watched that lesson in a while, so I could be wrong.
Your not wrong Jay, the part where i used the index!!! when i used my tumb it sounded not well, so that was for me a solution......i practise to use my tumb through the whole song....maybe the next video!!!!

willem

Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:23 am

ROBERTA NEMASTE,well thanks for your support....see you!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic