'She Talks to Angels' by AcousticAl

AcousticAl

Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
AcousticAl wrote:

Maybe I'll find a way to paste my avatar on my body?

:)
C'mon AL everyone else is 'outing' themselves we need a recent photo!!

I'm in the TG video competition IN MY BATHROBE! How much more do you want to see??

:blink:

mark

Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:59 pm

jayswett wrote:
mark wrote:
If you are worried about the tension of having the guitar in open E, you could always play it in Open D (with the capo on the 2nd Fret). Open D and Open E are the same tuning just with Open E tuned a whole step higher.
That's a good idea. Correct me if I'm wrong, Mark, but if you have more than one guitar and want to practice a song from time to time in open E, you could safely leave one guitar in open D tuning (for as long as you like) and capo the second fret as you said. That way, you won't have to change from standard tuning every time you wanted to practice that particular song.
yes thats right.
I am planning to get into open tunings and I plan to have one guitar permanently tuned to open D or open G.

There isn't any difference between open D and open E except for how high the strings are tuned. The only reasons I know why someone would play something in Open E rather than Open D is that it might suit their voice better or because it will sound slightly "brighter" being in Open E.

jayswett

Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:22 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
Hi Terry! Thanks for the comments and good to hear from you again. I read on someone's wall that you are on the mend? Great news.
I had noticed that Terry hadn't been around. Glad to see he's back. I'd like to see another video of his soon. It's been too long.

jayswett

Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:19 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
There's actually a cooler way of playing it that I saw on the net that involves bringing your hand/index finger up over the top of the guitar and only playing the top 4 strings. I'm sure that's probably pretty high on Neil's 'What NOT to do list', so I avoided doing that.
I did see that chord that you mentioned, placing your hand OVER the neck of the guitar. It surely looks odd, but it sounds great, and it's easy to play. No doubt a technical purist would object to that particular technique, as you suggested. Anyway, I'm making slow progress on it. Worked on it a bit today. By the way, it's impossible to sing.

jayswett

Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:21 pm

mark wrote:

I started to learn this one a while a go but never got very far and forgot all about it.
Maybe I will get back to it some time.
Please do...and post a video.

jayswett

Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:58 am

Watched this again. I still have some work to do on it. Almost there.

d_dog

Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:28 am

Oh man I love these guys, and this song. I have to add this one to the list. The list is getting huge now thanks to TG, but I love it! Jaysweet, you tackled this one yet? Al, I may have to give a go at the vocals, mind if I dub over your version and upload?

d_dog

Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:35 am

Oh man I love these guys, and this song. I have to add this one to the list. The list is getting huge now thanks to TG, but I love it! Jaysweet, you tackled this one yet? Al, I may have to give a go at the vocals, mind if I dub over your version and upload?

Craig

Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:48 am

Al,
Great choice of song! I thought you did a great job. I liked the way your harmonics sounded very clean. Way to go!
Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic