'She Talks to Angels' by AcousticAl

AcousticAl

Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:35 pm

This is why I love TG. My version of this song could very well have never been heard outside my four walls. I appreciate the time that you all take to watch and comment on these videos (mine and others). It is a big motivator for me.

Cheers!

Al

mark

Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:06 am

Hi Al

Great playing on this one.

I started to learn this one a while a go but never got very far and forgot all about it.
Maybe I will get back to it some time.

If you are worried about the tension of having the guitar in open E, you could always play it in Open D (with the capo on the 2nd Fret). Open D and Open E are the same tuning just with Open E tuned a whole step higher.

Chasplaya

Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:42 pm

Good job on that, if anyone is interested I have a Tab and Gpro of this.

reiver

Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:14 pm

....if you only knew the trouble i've had for the past few days trying to hear this. had to steal my wife's laptop - but it was worth it. new song to me too (haven't listened to Black Crowes much at all) but really enjoyed it and very nicely played.

you will be karma-lised

r

jayswett

Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:09 am

mark wrote:
If you are worried about the tension of having the guitar in open E, you could always play it in Open D (with the capo on the 2nd Fret). Open D and Open E are the same tuning just with Open E tuned a whole step higher.
That's a good idea. Correct me if I'm wrong, Mark, but if you have more than one guitar and want to practice a song from time to time in open E, you could safely leave one guitar in open D tuning (for as long as you like) and capo the second fret as you said. That way, you won't have to change from standard tuning every time you wanted to practice that particular song.

AcousticAl

Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:22 am

reiver wrote:
....if you only knew the trouble i've had for the past few days trying to hear this. had to steal my wife's laptop - but it was worth it. new song to me too (haven't listened to Black Crowes much at all) but really enjoyed it and very nicely played.

you will be karma-lised

r

(spoken like Homer Simpson) 'Mmmm... karamel.'

Thanks for the comments, Reiver. Also glad you set your wife straight on laptop priorities.
(don't tell her I said that)

:unsure:

AcousticAl

Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:31 am

Thanks Mark & Chas.

Good idea about the 2nd fret, Mark. Will look into that.

terrynewton

Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:46 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:
Nice job (again)Al! You have that down really well. Not heard that before but I like it. Karma Chameleon is smiling at ya!
Check your singing mike, think it wasn't plugged in! :-)
That's funny Chris. I was going to say that I don't have the pipes and needed someone to step up. Listen to the original all the way through and see if you're the man to take it on..
:)

Very Nice job Al. I could picture you sitting right along with the original and fitting in quite nicely. Yea, it would take a good set of pipes to sing that one. But who knows, maybe you have those pipes and you are just not fessing up to it!!
I have to use my strap as well. My guitar has a mind of its own sometimes. It just won't stay put. Good job. Keep it up. B)

AcousticAl

Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:57 am

Hi Terry! Thanks for the comments and good to hear from you again. I read on someone's wall that you are on the mend? Great news.

Regarding singing- I can carry a tune (though my wife and daughter might beg to differ)! I think I'm more of an imitator than a singer though. That's good if you're doing karaoke, but not great if you'd actually like to sing a proper song. Maybe one day I'll try to sing a tune on here- but I guess I'd also need to video my face as well! If not, it would look pretty silly.

Maybe I'll find a way to paste my avatar on my body?

Chasplaya

Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:17 pm

AcousticAl wrote:

Maybe I'll find a way to paste my avatar on my body?

C'mon AL everyone else is 'outing' themselves we need a recent photo!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic