Classical gas by pineappletrain

pineappletrain

Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:59 pm

Well i have finaly recorded me playing classical gas, i have been working on this song for maybe 6 months out of my 1 year of playing guitar. I hope you like it and please share thoughts and tips on my playing.

OK so finaly here is the video of me playing classical gas hope its working now, i ceep making some easy mistakes but i am a bit nervous playing so :) I will try to make a better take but this is the first take and i hope you enjoy it.

tovo

Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:48 pm

Hej Kompis!

Mate looking forward to seeing this once the video is all sorted out. From the sound, sounds like it's coming along. You sure like to challenge yourself! 1 year of guitar and starting out with Classical Gas is pretty demanding but good on you. Confident stuff.

AcousticAl

Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:25 pm

Hi pineappletrain, welcome to the 'video posting club'!

Gotta say that if I turn the sound off, your sped-up video makes you look like you'd give Eddie Van Halen a run for his money!!

Kidding aside, huge props for taking 'Classical Gas' on after only one year of playing. It sounds like you're close to getting it down, although I'd like to see a sync-ed version once you get it sorted out.

Karma for your first video post!

terrynewton

Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:11 pm

I see you have some problem with the video, but for what I was able to hear you are doing a really good job. That is a tough one to do, I know. It took me months as well to get mine posted. I'm still cleaning it up but its coming along. I look forward to hearing it once you get your video together. Only one year of playing and you are doing "Classical Gas" ----- great job!!

neverfoundthetime

Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:27 am

Hi Oskar, second time around I could hear the video all the way through no problem. Well done! Great job! Congratulations on joining the video posters. Karma coming your way. Of course, you must be barking mad to attempt that song in your first year of playing! :-) I've been holding a guitar for over 30 years and haven't gone near it! Well done!

dennisg

Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:07 pm

pineappletrain,

I can't begin to give you enough kudos for your accomplishment. Learning to play such a difficult song so soon after taking up the guitar is truly amazing! Congratulations.

Aside from the obvious about mastering your video equipment, you might want to get an electronic tuner for your guitar. It sounds like your low E string is flat.

But you're really an inspiration.

- Dennis (in Seattle)

pineappletrain

Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:58 pm

dennisg wrote:
pineappletrain,

I can't begin to give you enough kudos for your accomplishment. Learning to play such a difficult song so soon after taking up the guitar is truly amazing! Congratulations.

Aside from the obvious about mastering your video equipment, you might want to get an electronic tuner for your guitar. It sounds like your low E string is flat.

But you're really an inspiration.

- Dennis (in Seattle)
ye about the guitar i tuned it swedish style and i think we have it lower then you guys in the state or higher cant remember, ill try to tune it so its more in your tune next time

willem

Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:31 pm

AMAZING,,FOR A ONE YEAR PLAYER.. KARMA FOR YOU.....i have not hear the flat E... I HEARD CLASSICAL GASSSSSSSSS.....

pineappletrain

Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:32 pm

Than you wery mutch :)

suziko

Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:35 pm

Oh, to be 18 again! I wish I could make that kind of progress in a year! Wonderful job!! That's an incredibly challenging song, and your version does it justice. Congrats!

Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic