Babe I'm Gonna Leave You - Update

michelew

Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:52 pm

That was fabulous Jay! Really beautiful. IOU a Karma point (in about 6 hours time). You seem to have the invisible pick trick down too - I'm envious (practice, practice for me).

I too might have to learn this song (but not sing it - I'd hate to have my partner hear me sing 'babe I'm gonna leave you').

Great job Jay.

******added later***** Karma paid - I loved it!

suziko

Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:31 pm

Jay,

I really enjoyed watching and listening to this! I thought you played it so well, and it's clear you've improved since your last video. Good job! Very inspiring!

If you do decide to get another guitar, I think you'd be well served by the Taylor GC3 (which is what I have) since it was apparently designed as a fingerstyle guitar. I do almost no fingerstyle playing (yet!), so am not even taking full advantage of it. It's a great sounding guitar and, while not cheap, hardly crazy expensive.

I also vote for bringing back your son for the next video!!

Karma from me!

MarkM

Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:18 pm

Jay,

I've got some time tonight while the kids are sleeping and my wife is getting her Christmas shopping done. I've been going over some older posts and came across this. This is really good. I mean really good. Not sure how long you've been playing it but it sounds like quite a while now. This is a song that I'm going to TRY and get down this week while I'm on vacation for the Holiday. I'll have to train these miserable little fingers of mine, hopefully. If I can get half as good as you just performed I will be very happy indeed.

MarkM

jayswett

Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:22 pm

Thanks for the kind words, but frankly, I find them to be more than what I truly deserve. Yes, I've improved substantially over the last ten months, especially since finding this site, but that's no different than anyone else we've seen posting videos on the site. TG has been a wonderful thing for so many of us. It's been great fun watching all the progress over the last few months. I hope we can get some others to post their vids.

dekotaj

Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:58 am

WOWWW!Fantastic Jay.Really enjoyed it, keep posting those song.BRAVO,BRAVO!! Thank you Kevin

johnrfeeney

Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:06 am

great progress - not easy being fluid when there are such distances the hands has to go up and down the neck - great work

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic