Dust in the wind - Michele

michelew

Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:23 pm

Thanks everyone. I'm thinking maybe my next the exercise is to try to be less critical - perhaps that's adding to my nervousness - the 'just try to do a reasonable take' approach rather than trying the capture the take that you can do sitting in the lounge room when you're all relaxed.

Chris - very funny - there's a new concept in body surfing ;) - no...make that a very old one. And regarding my coach, I think she made 'House...' sound like 'Dust...' BTW - new avatar - model or movie star?

Suzi - thanks - next to the transitions and the G to Dm7 changes (which still need the most work), I found the Am to Am/G quite tricky for ages as it was a new stretch for me and I was muting the 5th string at first. But yes, I also find the Am to D/F# tricky especially the first one as the pinky and ring finger just don't like to move when other fingers are down (similarly my last 2 fingers don't want to move from C(b) to C(d) - I have to concentrate).

Bear - I'm glad that my anxiety did not show too much and thanks. BTW - I love your Christmas Avatar - very cute.

Dennis - yep - those chord transitions.....

If anyone out there is thinking of posting a video and hasn't yet - let me tell you that the feedback and encouragement that people give you is fantastic and is very inspiring to practice more and improve - give it a go. Seems you can feel like jelly on the inside and still come out look OK.

Thanks again everyone!

michelew

Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:26 pm

Anton - you snuck in while I was replying, thanks for the karma. I have an iMac and use iMovie. I'm only using the most basic functionality (must do a tutorial), but it's really easy. I'm an Apple convert now (my partner's fault). I'd recommend them to anyone.

suziko

Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:16 pm

Oh, and your karma is paid up. You deserve it!

michelew

Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:20 pm

Thanks Suzi! What's next for you? What are you working on, polishing? And how's the strap adventure going? Did you get one or decide that it wasn't for you? :silly:

So many questions. Talk to you soon.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic