Dust in the wind - Michele

jayswett

Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:53 pm

Completely off topic, but how do you get the comment about music/life to appear beneath your avatar?

nemastetaylor

Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:33 pm

Hey, sounds good. It's a difficult song and you are getting it. It is ok to do it slow and then work up to a faster speed.

wrench

Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:40 pm

Jay, click on the Edit Signature tab and enter personal text.

Chasplaya

Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:54 pm

Good job Michele on what is a difficult song. Like Al I liked the sigh of relief at the end. Plus the second vid what a bonus. You are still smiling even after Scotland beat the Wallabies at Rugby this weekend.

michelew

Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:18 am

Thanks everyone.

Rick, good to hear that others can relate.

Nemaste, thanks -speeding it up is the plan.

Chas, thanks and I have to admit ... I'm not a big sports fan (strange for an Aussie to be sure), so congrats Scotland (commiserations Aussie rugby fans). As far as sports go I'm more of a personal watersports person myself - swimming, snorkelling, body surfing, body boarding - oh and the occasional run around the park with kids and an aerobie (read frisbee).

JAy - hopefully wrench's advice did the trick.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:59 am

Hi Michele, great work on Dust! well done, you are coming along just fine and it's fun to see your videos. Love the second one. YOur expression coach is so good that you make Dust sound like House of the Rising Sun! That's some coaching!
Karma Chameleon is smiling at you.
Now tell me all about body surfing... sound just like the kind of sport I'd like... do you have free choice of bodies? Body Surfing free style? Hmmm Where do you rent them? ;-)

suziko

Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:14 am

Michele,

After reading your "prologue" to your video I expected a disaster, but it looked (and sounded) great. Vice grip? On the contrary, your left hand position is very enviable. And your transitions sounded much smoother than you maybe think they sound. I've been working on that song on and off for a few months, and the transition from Am-D/F# is indeed a tough one. To me, it sounded smooth in your video.

I loved your "out-take" video. Adorable!

I just paid Marc karma, but I'll hit you in 6 hours :) Well done!

Suzi

BigBear

Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:29 pm

Michele- Your "angst" (great German word!) wasn't apparent at all. You did a really good thing, you slowed down for accuracy! It's easy to play fast and sloppy, but much harder to play accurately. You can always play faster, but never faster and more accurately!

I really liked your right hand position. It was pointed down and looked very relaxed. You have really improved in a short period of time. It's obvious you have been practicing hard. You are inspirational for all of us that want to get better through hard work!

Keep the vids coming! It's a joy to watch you improve! Congratulations!

Cheers! :cheer:

dennisg

Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:31 pm

Michele,

Based on your description, I was expecting a train wreck. But I thought you did absolutely great. Yeah, you could tighten up some of the chord transitions, but that'll come in time. It's a hard song, and you should be proud of yourself.

- Dennis (in Seattle)

Yamaha48

Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:06 pm

Hello Michele.

Have you a editing program for making the video?.
I forget to give you a Karma,for what you have done.
I press now the Karma button for you.

Greetz Anton

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic