'Fire & Rain' by AcousticAl

jayswett

Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:08 am

Your best video to date. You look to be following along with the tab as you play. I have been spending more time trying to read tab, and I find it be quite difficult.

willem

Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:43 am

Al, you get over worked!!, For me it was to long away that tryed this one,so i get back to the lesson before i give some words to ya.
Well i can only say you did very well,, you get out the high ligths very good, even the two quick A bass notes(measer two in the intro),,i like your practise speed on this song,,stay there a while,James guitar playing is so special when you have maneged that its so beautifull to do, hope and i know its coming one day, that Neil puts up his fouverit

''you can close your eyes'',, well done and you are now on 51...you look younger..Willem

AcousticAl

Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:29 am

50 karma.. 51 karma.. I wish I could describe what I now see on my screen. It's so... beautiful.. peaceful. Ohhhhhmmmmmmmmm.

;)

jim56

Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:17 am

Another great performance, does it get easier to play other songs as you improve? Jim

(When you can snatch the pick from his hand it will be time for you to leave). Master Po?

AcousticAl

Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:13 am

jim56 wrote:
Another great performance, does it get easier to play other songs as you improve? Jim

(When you can snatch the pick from his hand it will be time for you to leave). Master Po?

For sure. You pick up techniques, chord shapes, muscle memory from other songs that carry over. That's why I sometimes leave a song that's giving me problems and come back to it in a month or so. You can only bang your head against the wall so many times before you gotta stop for a while. But you're still learning- even if you work on a different song.

As I said earlier in this thread, this song did not come easily for me. Something about the syncopated picking that I just wasn't getting. Persistence pays off.

mark

Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:48 am

Definately your best video. You really nailed the intro.

I think you have very similar musical tastes to me. Every time you post a video it reminds me of a song that I have started learning and let slip.
It gets me back to practicing them.

BobR

Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Al,
I am not sure how to give Karma or I'd do it.

Bob

BTW
Bill, that's my grandson. He's always excited to play.

Chasplaya

Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:13 pm

Hi Bob on any of Al's posts on the top right you will see Karma and a green thumb and a red thumb the green is positive and the red negative (we don't really use that one) click onthe green thumb. You can use this once every 6 hours to encourage us to use wisely.

Chas

BobR

Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:18 pm

Wow, that's not too tough.I guess I need to look first.

Thanks
Bob

AcousticAl

Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:29 pm

BobR wrote:
Wow, that's not too tough.I guess I need to look first.

Thanks
Bob
There's the karma button, Bob..
I just gave YOU one- for how cute your grandson is!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic