reiver - Melissa

suziko

Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:08 am

Reiver,

Wow, what a treat to wake up to find this posted! This is the first time I've heard this song, and I am going to have to go track down the original now; I've a feeling it might be a new favorite. I loved your rendition- so comfortable and relaxed sounding. I am very envious that you could kick that out in a few hours, especially as some of those barre chords look difficult (for me!). I have no suggestions because I loved how it sounded, except to please post more videos! Karma from me. Suzi

dennisg

Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:58 am

Very, very nice, Reiver. Relaxed. Pretty. And a consistently on-tempo strumming pattern. Some karma comin' atcha.

- Dennis (in Seattle)

Music Junkie

Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:07 am

Reiver:

Sweet! Loved the tone of your guitar as well. I thought you did a darn good job on your barre chords as well. It is good for us to keep using them, as they just get easier and easier.

Keep up the good work, and I look forward to the other songs you mentioned.

MJ

reiver

Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:50 am

Again - a big thanks to everyone for taking the time to comment.....

Anton - thank you for the kind words and karma
Willem - pro? I wish.... glad I gave you a surprise. thanks for the karma
Jimmy in NZ - thanks for the karma...yet another song on your list!
Al - ty for the karma
Jay - I didn't find it all that easy! as i said previously, the barre chords either hit or they don't, this time they worked ok....just. strangely, it was an A that I messed up at the beginning - thinking too much about what was coming. As for santa - i think he'll be dropping by the Taylor factory and bringing either a 414ce or (if his budget stretches) a GS6.
Suzi - thank you for the karma. I think that this is a good song for practicing barre chords. for me the B shape is the most difficult to hit and I try to avoid it whenever possible. But it's a nice easy pace and well worth having a go
Dennis - thank you for the compliment - haven't been called pretty for weeks! ;) and thanks for the karma
MJ - the old guitar didn't sound too bad, but it's tough to play - especially up the neck. the other songs are a problem. Babe I'm gonna leave you - for me the part after the strumming isn't very melodious and gets a bit boring. Over the Hills - brain freeze on the Em riff - and it's FAST! Maybe one day...

Hope this encourages some strumming practice. It's definitely worthwhile.

r

tovo

Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:33 pm

Wow Jimmy! Early morning in the colonies and this is a nice video to see first up. Love your work. The Scots are on a roll that's for sure. I agree with those who have already said how comfortable you looked with it.

Look forward to the next one.

reiver

Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:27 pm

Thanks Tony. This is a really nice song to play.......surprised no-one else has tackled it so far

r

neverfoundthetime

Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:24 am

Thanks for turning me on to this song Reiver. Love the chords... sounds great on my 12 string.
Just a question to anyone else looking at this song: Can you play the sing-along-video ok? I could first time around but now I can't... just get a blank page with the sound coming through.

Edit: Ok now I'm getting same problem on Fire and rain: Look at Left hand.
Anyone else getting that?

reiver

Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:40 am

Chris

Both of these vids are working ok for me.......Try switching off and on again!

This should sound really nice on 12 string. Hope you post it for us. Wish I'd listened to the Allman Bros version before I posted, it'd be worth a listen if you're unfamiliar with the song. Try we7.com, whole track for free!

r

RicksPick

Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:40 am

Just checked it Chris
Ok here

Rick

willem

Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:57 am

hey Chris,, sing along with Melissa works fine here,,maybe its your dell??? lol

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic