reiver - Melissa

reiver

Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:42 pm

OK - this has come as a bit of a surprise, to me anyway.

4hrs ago I hadn't even heard this song - but i've been getting really bogged down in some songs recently (Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, Over the Hills etc..) and after tripping over the Em riff in Over the Hills for the 148th time tonight I decided that I needed a change of pace, and found this, and I really enjoyed learning it. It brought the fun back.

It's far from perfect - but it's OK for a new song. There are a few barre chords in there so it's a pretty good practice piece for those struggling with them.....

For those interested in such things
1. It's a Simon and Patrick SP6, about 10 years old
2. D'Addario Phosphor Bronze Light Strings
3. A Martin 0.46mm pick (plectrum)
4. Recorded on a National Panasonic SDR-H80 camcorder (with a direct to YouTube feature)
5. Trainers - Adidas (out of shot)
6. Underwear - clean, for a Wednesday (also out of shot)

Slainte
r

ps the creak at the beginning is the chair - not my hip......

neverfoundthetime

Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:53 pm

Hey R. good going on that.... for 4 hours old, that's not bad at all! Not heared that one before either. Welcome to the poster's club! The chameleon is smiling at you....
.... and you should be in bed at this time of night!

reiver

Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:14 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Hey R. good going on that.... for 4 hours old, that's not bad at all! Not heared that one before either. Welcome to the poster's club! The chameleon is smiling at you....
.... and you should be in bed at this time of night!

Thanks for the karma Chris. Don't sleep much, but soon.....

r

AcousticAl

Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:42 pm

Hey Reiver- really enjoyed that. You'd never know you just started that song. Really nice sound from your guitar. You've also got an easy, light touch on the strings. Really smooth and kept good time.

Thinking I might need to give this one a whirl as well!

Delayed karma to come (BobR's grandkid got one from me already) :)

BTW- the look on your face when your chair squeaked was priceless!!

BigBear

Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:56 pm

Geez Reiver, you picked that up in a couple of hours? Nice job!!

The only thing I noticed is try to play with more feeling. There are some very subtle pauses or maybe delays in the chord changes that give that song its expression. Each chord is pretty heavily accented.

Keep the vids coming, that one was great! I especially liked your comments on your footwear and shorts!! ROFL!! :laugh:

goldleaf

Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:16 pm

Good job, I've been working on that song for the last 3 weeks, but I was trying to sing it also. I finally decided to try to play it with some melody. Great job strumming and making all the changes you have to in that song.. Gary - I hope to have mine out in a couple days.

Lavallee

Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:20 pm

Hi Reiver, this is really falling back on your legs (not sure if this translate very well meaning like a cat that lands on his legs no mather what), a new song in a few hours and making a video of it, I am impress. I could never do the A shape bar chord with the 3 fingers like that B that comes back every now in them in the song. It looks easy for you. I think the song come out very well. Really like the sound of your guitar.

Karma for you

Marc

BobR

Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:15 pm

I have heard of this and have tried it. I thought you did a very good job on it. 4 hours and a video WOW!

PS Like Al said the chair squeak was priceless. Thanks Al for my first Karma Sorry Reiver

Bob

haoli25

Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:34 pm

Excellent Reiver! Amazing for just 4 hours practice and a great sound from your guitar. Thank you for posting your video.

Bill

haoli25

Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:10 am

First: your post is hilarious! Nice to laugh out loud while surfing the latest on TG...

Second: very nice playing, you totally pull that off and it sounds great. You've got a great relaxed style that flows and the rhythm is spot on. I enjoyed it alot -- clearly, you're pretty comfortable with the guitar at this point: it shows.

Nice post.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic