Clean and standardly worn

Back too front

Inside out back to front

Inside out front to back..

No problems... :huh:

michelew

Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:15 am

Reiver,

You made that look really effortless and like you've been playing it forever. 4 hours! I'm jealous. Karma to you.

It sounded great. THanks.

reiver

Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:19 am

Thanks everyone for your responses;

Al - thanks for the karma - eventually. (ps I still owe you one - coming up)

Bear - you may be right about feeling - but I haven't heard the original so it has no backstory for me. I should try to find the Allman Bros version.

Gary - there are words! Looking forward to hearing your version with the additional melody.....

Marc - Yeah, the B chords. (well named - like the F chord!) There are 4 of them in the song - every one of them is a bit of a lottery

Bob - thanks for the encouragement. Hope your grandchild is enjoying the karma.

Bill - thanks for the kind words. The guitar sounds ok - but it's past it's best. Very high action and no more play in truss rod, but I think that Santa will be good to me.......

fjvdb - thank you too for you encouragement, and glad to have put a smile on your face. Catchy name, by the way.

Matt - let's not forget 'commando'

Cheers everyone!

r

reiver

Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:26 am

michelew wrote:
Reiver,

You made that look really effortless and like you've been playing it forever. 4 hours! I'm jealous. Karma to you.

It sounded great. THanks.
Michele

trying to sneak in while I was busy.........

Thanks for the kind words - and the karma. It's far from effortless - but most of the effort is in the left hand only, so that reduces the difficulty a bit. If you can hit the chord shapes you're 80% of the way there.

r

Yamaha48

Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:14 am

Hello Reiver.

Thanks fore share this nice video from you.
You do a good job with this,4 hours is short time.
I love this song.
Karma fore you my friend

willem

Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:26 am

Hi man!!!,you give me a suprise, ''melissa'' in 4 hours and its very cool,relaxt,comfort,, i'wanna know how you doing it now 8 hours furter,, maby i gonna use your vid to put in the lead,,,,your hands looks normal!!!!(aahahah) maybe you speed the song up, a little slower??? but it was good to see you and play this,,, wonder how pro you are,,i know you are also good in theory....enjoyed this very much,,,good luck to you...see you..on stage!!!!

willem

Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:30 am

I forgot something,,,,look!!! you have now nine thumbs!!!(upstairs)..

the thumbs flying to you man!! 11 !!!

Chasplaya

Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:47 am

Amazing for 4hours work Defintiely worth a Karma. I don't really know this song but gotta check it out now

Well done

Aw ra best Jimmy

AcousticAl

Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:49 am

karma-d

jayswett

Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:49 am

You made that look awfully easy. I made a little fingerpicking arrangement of that song, but the original strumming technique sounds much better. For a guitar that's past its prime, it surely sounds nice. What type of guitar are you anticipating receiving from Santa?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic