reiver - An arrangement of The Rose; you should try it!

jayswett

Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:01 am

Thanks again for posting this video. Very helpful as I worked on it last night. I find myself playing the melody slightly differently, but it still sounds OK.

reiver

Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:59 am

jayswett wrote:
Thanks again for posting this video. Very helpful as I worked on it last night. I find myself playing the melody slightly differently, but it still sounds OK.
yeah, you're probably correcting my mistakes :)

glad you found it helpful

r

mmmbldo

Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:21 pm

Very, very nice job! It's been a long time since I've heard that song, but I have always liked it. You've inspired me to put it on my list of songs to learn.

mmmbldo

Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:23 pm

Very, very nice job! It's been a long time since I've heard that song, but I have always liked it. You've inspired me to put it on my list of songs to learn.

mmmbldo

Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:24 pm

reiver

Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:18 pm

Thanks mmmbido - bit of a stutter you've got there.

Glad you liked my version - it'd be nice to hear yours too. Enjoy learning.

r

jayswett

Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:51 pm

This might be good for a laugh.
I was playing around with my computer, continuing with my efforts to get good audio quality with my "line in" port. As it happens, I was practicing Riever's version of the Rose, and unbeknownst to me, my 7 year old was directly behind my left shoulder. You can't hear us laughing as my microphone was turned off.
B) :cheer:

AcousticAl

Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:26 pm

That's classic, Jay!

And it also looks like you're getting the audio you wanted as well. Sounds really good! It's just like my webcam though. I get great audio, but the video suffers-- not that that is a huge issue. I'd rather have good audio than good video.

Have you tried messing with your capture settings? Changing the file size or format you're capturing in?

BTW- sorry for hijacking here. Jay, let's continue in the Techie Group if you're interested.

jayswett

Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:30 pm

Yes. The audio is much better. I followed the advice of you and others and made some adjustments to the various inputs and outputs until I got a sound that I liked. This sounds much better. I haven't yet tried my acoustic/electric as I need to change it's battery, and to do so with this particular guitar, I need to change the strings as well. I haven't found the energy to do that yet. Thanks for the advice.

dennisg

Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:33 pm

jay,

Just out of curiosity, what kind of guitar do you have that requires you to remove your strings in order to access the battery?

- Beefy D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic