reiver - An arrangement of The Rose; you should try it!

reiver

Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:28 pm

This is my own attempt at a fingerpicking with melody arrangement of The Rose. It started when I was picking out some melody notes to the earlier post and developed from there, 'though I admit I'm no Martin Tallstrom!

This seems to be a good song for those who, like me, are trying to develop this skill as the melody is straightforward and the bpm is quite low. This arrangement is in C and although I'm not sure about all of the chords - it sounds ok for the time being.

Sorry it's so quiet.

ps Yeah Bear, I know - more feeling......... ;)

r

RicksPick

Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:48 pm

Hey Reiver

That was very good

Rocking

No really rocking lol

RicksPick

dennisg

Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:57 pm

Reiver,

That was really nice and simple. And by "simple," I mean you made it look easy. Great job.

More cowbell.

- Dennis (in Seattle)

suziko

Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:33 pm

Reiver- Excellent! I like the idea of eventually getting to where I could pick out a melody, and then figure out some accompanying chords to go behind it. I'm just right now getting into some finger pickings, so it'll be a while before I'm doing any on my own. Thanks for the inspiration! Karma from me! Suzi

neverfoundthetime

Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:34 pm

Reiver, nice picking.... I could actually follow your version. You pick things up quickly, I see. Great postings... keep them coming. Think I may try that out with my nylon strings plugged in....
Karma Chameleon smiling at ya... again!

neverfoundthetime

Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:35 pm

Hey Suzi, quit pushing in there... I was writing.... :-)

goldleaf

Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:52 pm

R, Nice rendition, very sweet sounding and good mixing of melody and chords. I like that you are developing your own songs, not just following TG lessons, although that is fine also. I think it might help some of us to step out a little more on our own. Gary

AndyT

Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:56 pm

Reiver, I've got to say that I knew it was you. The resemblance to your avatar is uncanny! (Just kidding! LOL)

Excellent job. You are doing exactly what Neil is teaching us to do. Figure it out ourselves.

michelew

Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:30 pm

Very nice Reiver. That's something I'd like to learn too. I'm sticking to fully tabulated songs this point in my development. But, you've shown me where I'd like to be.

Karms for you!

BigBear

Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:50 pm

No, Reiver, that was awesome! Great job! Plenty of feeling! I've never heard that song played that way and now I want to learn it.

You are a really good finger picker and your guitar sounds great! Congrats on this one!! :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic