Hallelujah by TOVO

tovo

Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:49 am

Been messing with this for a week or so. Far from having it down and quite a few mistakes here but thought I would throw it up anyway.

__m__

Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:07 am

Nice job, man. I've never heard this before. Your finger picking seemed good, and I didn't see anything that was completely OMG bad. Just some buzzing here and there pretty much. You kept time well, and looks like your on your way to cleaning that one up. Good post in my opinion.

haoli25

Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:58 am

Great job Tony!!! I really liked that. As a matter of fact, I watched it several times. Karma to you. Thank you for posting your video.

Bill

michelew

Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:20 am

TOny - I loved it! I was very close to tears! Another singer in the community too. I don't think you're very far from having this completely down, especially as you played and sang it so sweetly in front of the camera - with full body shot.

WOW!! Beautiful - you should be proud of yourself.

I've only just started to look at it. But, it's now probably the next one (after the one I'm currently concentrating on).

A big karma to you. I'm off to listen to it agin.

Michele

BigBear

Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:45 am

Tony- You blew me away! Very well done, both singing and playing! Totally different game to do both and you kept your rhythym and timing. I really liked your fingerpicking.

You keep playing like that and I'll be forced to stop making jokes about your green avatar!! :laugh:

Thanks for sharing that beautiful song. I think you are the first to post that one. Keep 'em coming buddy! Good on ya Mate!

Cheers! :cheer:

tovo

Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:16 am

Hey guys those comments are so very encouraging, thanks SO much. I reckon I could do it better, but I'm determined to show where I am actually at rather than try to impress with the perfect take. You guys who have commented so far have really made my day.

It is a beautiful song Bear, I'm surprised to be the 1st to post it.

Michele you are too kind, thanks sincerely.

M and Bill, thanks. You are both great contributors and your encouragement is much appreciated.

Yamaha48

Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:36 am

Hello Tony.

Well done mate,one Karma fore you.
Today come s Willem and his wife here.
Than we make a video,fore sharing here.
Maby we do the song Halleluhja with 2 guitars,we shall se.

Greet my friend. Anton

tovo

Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:49 am

Hey Anton thank you mate. I hope you have a great time with Willem and I'm sure you guys will have some fun together.

jayswett

Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:47 am

That was simply a joy to watch. A great job on such a beautiful song, and the singing was charming. I played around with this song a bit and haven't been able to make it sound quite right, and my attempts to sing it have been laughable. Overall, this was a great effort and is definitely one of my favorite student videos.

dennisg

Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:48 am

Fantastic, Tony! In the catalog of incredible Leonard Cohen songs, this is my very favorite, and you did it justice. I think you're just a day or two away from nailing this thing since, really, the only thing you're stumbling on is a few chord transitions. You seem to have mastered the hardest part, and that's the difficult 6/8 fingerpick technique you're using. You seem very comfortable with it. Congratulations on doing a bang-up job with a terrific song.

I've seen some great versions of this song from people like Leonard Cohen and Rufus Wainwright. It was even used in its entirety on one of America's most popular TV shows from a few years ago: The West Wing. That was the first time I'd heard it, and it haunted me for days.

That's a beautiful guitar. What is it?

- Dennis (in Seattle)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic