RicksPick Norwegian Wood

Chasplaya

Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:50 pm

Hi man, always good to see guys using the metronome, I know its not easy, but you kept time well with it. As for the mute sound , i'm not sure if its your strum or the audio on the cam... It has been mentioned but maybe try strumming slightly further back to be more direct over the soundhole to get the fuller warmer sound.

Good on ya mate, Karma for the 'nome'

RicksPick

Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:03 pm

Bill Chas

Good advice

I will be working on that now
Afraid its not the cam, it's me
Change one thing and something else needs it too

Thanks guys

RicksPick

tovo

Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:31 pm

Mate, good job. I reckon you will have this down cold pretty soon. Your are picking out the individual notes really nicely, the strumming will get clearer with the practice and you will have it licked. I like the steady speed you are playing too. It's a lovely tune I think and thanks a lot for posting it.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:26 pm

The problem with getting to a new post after all the other guitar gurus is that there is nothing left to say except: good going Rick! Just keep the videos coming. Norwegian Wood is a great camp fire song for a sing-a-long. well done!

AndyT

Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:10 pm

I agree Chris, usually by the time I see them everyone else has already said what I was going to post. All that's left is to add my voice to the screaming audience and say 'Well Done!'

nemastetaylor

Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:20 pm

Hi. Thanks for posting. The time looks good and I am impressed that you can use the metronome. I just can't use one and it probably shows. I too noticed the muting sound of the strings. Not sure why cause it doesn't look like you are palm-muting. Perhaps it's the pick??

Nemaste

michelew

Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:08 am

Fabulous job Rick! Karma to you!

Homage to me? Awwww.... :silly: Great to see you've taken up the 'show us your guitar face' challenge. It was a real pleasure to see you and you looked calm and like you had it together.

Slowly is the key. As everyone here keeps telling me, it's the only way to get where you want to go. And as others have said even though you say its a work in progress, you don't seem to have far to go to get it down completely.

I struggle at times with the metronome too - it can be a friend and a nemesis.

Pull-offs/Hammer-ons very pretty - I always love to hear them - I need to do a lot more work on mine.

Again - you've inspired me to learn this one.

I don't know, you guys, the more I watch these videos the longer my learning queue gets.

In short - great job - love to see the follow up.

Thanks

Michele

RicksPick

Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:27 pm

Update

It is me causing the muted sound, just not holding the chord well enough whilst stretching my pinkie, so I carn't use the excuse of the pick Nemaste ( Shhh, Keep it to your self I was using the invisible one, might need that excuse later on.)

Thanks Tony, high praise indeed.
I might even try singing (cotton wool at the ready),
as You,Chris,Anton and others Inspire me to try more.
Its not going to be good but seeing others pushing the boundary's and putting them self's out there, guitar face and all, It feels safe with friends, Still makes the palms sweat at the thought though.lol. :blush:

Andy, Chris

Thanks,for the comments much appreciated guys.
O Chris I'm still waiting for the outfit to get back from the cleaners
hopefully in time for next video.

Michele,Thanks chic, yes seeing all the other brilliant video's just makes me practice more,so I can try more tunes too.

RicksPick

Lavallee

Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:01 am

Hi Rick, another great video, love this song. As for the invisble pick, I think you would gain to point a little more your thumb and index rather than keeping then round which I think cause the muting. When your fingers present a round contact point there is too much surface contact on the strings. When you hit the base notes, your fingers gets "pointier" (making up english as I go along) but then goes back to round for the strumming. It would be like using a regular pick and hitting the guitar using the side (length wise)of it rather than the tip.

Good job

Marc

RicksPick

Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:31 am

Bumping up

Wow I look young here, lol

RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic