Still a long way to go, but here it is
Can you tell I got my Cam back?

RicksPick

Yamaha48

Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:04 am

Hello Rick.

You do a good try.
I think give it more time.
This is so nice video,later you can see it back when you make more progression with this song.
Thanks that you will share it with us Rick.

Greet Anton

jim56

Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:32 am

Hello Rick,

That is a challenging song but you made a good stab at it. As Anton said 'when you make more progress, you'll notice it when you replay this video. Thumbs up to ya! Jim

jayswett

Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:36 am

Very nice. You have the chords down, just a matter of putting in the time. I suspect Eric would be pleased that you took on this challenging song.

AcousticAl

Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:27 am

Hey Rick,

Good to see you back posting videos! And thank you for posting this one in particular. This was one of the first fingerpicking songs I tried to tackle when I had my brief stint of one-on-one lessons. It's not an easy song, for sure. Timing is very tricky.

Cool that you're standing while playing. Do you find that more comfortable?

Interesting sidenote- I heard that Clapton said he'll never play this song again in a live show. Too many bad memories I guess..

Looking forward to updates as you progress.

Karma when I'm reloaded!

suziko

Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:50 am

Nice job, Rick! That is a really tough song, at least it sure looks it to me, but you're making good progress on it!

I also meant to comment on the fact that you're standing to play. I recently bought a strap and have been trying to play while standing. The transition has NOT been easy. Suddenly, all the strings are in a different place and I can't hit a dang thing right! Any advice for transitioning to standing?

Suzi

willem

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:00 am

Well Rick,good to see you again,man you do this so good, i often try this one and i'm happy you post it,,honestly you did that very good,,,better a slow(and it wasn't so slow) and good one then a quick and bad one..cheers man,

BigBear

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:20 am

Rick- Nice job with this really challenging song! I think your approach to learning this is right on; slow and steady! As you get more comfortable with all the chord changes you will pick up speed.

I know this is a work-in-progress but will you post another video later for comparison? That would be cool for all of us learning new songs!

Kudos to you for taking on the great E.C. ! I think he'd be honored!

Thanks for sharing this video!

Cheers! :cheer:

reiver

Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:02 am

Nice post Rick - and the guitar sound nicer in this post.

Great effort at a tricky song. As has been said, these vids are useful not only for sharing with others but also to monitor our own improvement. You seem to be very relaxed when playing which is a great bonus for you.

Well done on another great post

r

RicksPick

Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:52 pm

Thanks Guys and gals

Your feed back is such a reward

Yes I now find standing more comfortable,

I spend a lot of time after my first video and subsequent advice
adjusting hand and body position, by mainly getting a strap
I now struggle to sit down on any thing other than a high stool

It took me tons of time finding a position/ strap length that was comfortable. but find chords and stretches easier,Suzi I think finding a good position is key, luckily my strap is 2 part and very adjustable, I find myself moving and swaying now lol, just need to work on getting my right hand over the sound hole, suppose that will come if I bend my hand down more as advised.

As for the sound I think this guitar sounds better picked than strummed or it could be me adjusting to a new guitar, will have to test that one, time to get the old beater out.

I will keep it steady as you advise, O knowledgeable ones
Again thanks for the advice and kind support it means alot

RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic