"Founder by Chance" ORIGINAL - By Goldleaf

goldleaf

Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:42 pm

Check out my Blog for help identifying one of the measures and what James Taylor song it was borrowed from. I also have some information on the Guild limited run guitar I was playing and pictures & specs of another model of this 2007 USA made limited run series I also was able to find through a wholesale dealer. Gary

AcousticAl

Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:46 pm

I replied in your blog. Sounded like the intro riff from 'Old Man' by Neil Young to me.

Chasplaya

Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:49 pm

Disagree never Old Man, but very Neil Youngish Don't hear the James taylor might need to go have another listen

goldleaf

Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:08 am

AcousticAl wrote:
I replied in your blog. Sounded like the intro riff from 'Old Man' by Neil Young to me.
Al, I think you got it. Now I can hear it. I knew it was very familiar but I just couldn't place it. I guessed JT but that was all, just a guess. Thanks. I'll go listen to it now just to make sure. Old Man, that a good one. All those tunes rattling around in my head and I can't remember which one is which, that's what happens when you get old Al. Gary

Chasplaya

Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:27 am

Just went back twice and listened sorry didn't get Old Man at all with the exception of a vague similarity and at a stretch in the last few bars in the opening strum of Old man. There is a sound in there which sounds familiar but I can't place it , frustrating cos i've heard it before.

AcousticAl

Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:26 am

Chasplaya wrote:
Just went back twice and listened sorry didn't get Old Man at all with the exception of a vague similarity and at a stretch in the last few bars in the opening strum of Old man. There is a sound in there which sounds familiar but I can't place it , frustrating cos i've heard it before.

Chas,
You need to read Gary's blog- he lists an exact point in the song he was referring to, not the whole song. I think you'll hear it if you go there.

Chasplaya

Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:22 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:

Chas,
You need to read Gary's blog- he lists an exact point in the song he was referring to, not the whole song. I think you'll hear it if you go there.
I don't disagree with the Neil Young sound , if listening carefully apart from the obvious Harvest... sound, the style is NYish therefore a lot of NY sounds come through , as i said i heard a vague Old Man in the last few bars. But in the song is something else not Old Man I can't place it yet.

goldleaf

Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:33 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
Thanks Al, I didn't see any comments on my blog though. I just listened to Our Neil's "Play Through" of Old Man and it is clear as day in the very last notes of the of Play Through of Old Man. Thanks Gary.

goldleaf

Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:17 pm

Thanks for your encouragement Chris, It's really appreciated.
Can't forget Al & Andy & Chas. Gary

goldleaf

Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:29 pm

Chris, let me know how Audacity works, and if you can multi_trac with it. Gary

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic