"Founder by Chance" ORIGINAL - By Goldleaf

goldleaf

Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:18 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Excellent and really enjoyable Gary! Very laid back. Is the title "founder" or "found her" or is there a subtle play on words here? And who's it by? Karma Chameleon is smiling at you.
Thanks for the comments, it's a play on words & I just borrowed the Drop D and swingtime from Neil Young and went from there. Gary

goldleaf

Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:21 pm

haoli25 wrote:
Gary, I just assumed that "Founder By Chance" was your original composition. Is that not correct?

Bill
Bill, that is correct, I liked the Dropped D tuning from Harvest Moon and the Swing Time also and kinda took it from there. Gary

goldleaf

Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:24 pm

Lavallee wrote:
Hi Gary, very nice playing, you are very relax and your playing is reallly smooth. You are obviuosly gaining experience playing under pressure.

Karma for you

Marc
Thanks, Mark, there is definitely some pressure that makes playing a tune more difficult when the record light goes on. It seems like everything I do gets a little harder. Gary

goldleaf

Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:28 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Gary, I just assumed that "Founder By Chance" was your original composition. Is that not correct?
Bill
Reckon it could be Bill.... I was waiting for confirmation from Gary. If it's original then I'm doubling up on the Karma!

"Double Karma", Double thanks, yes it is my own composition, slightly borrowed from Harvest Moon & the swing time & Drop D tuning in it. Gary

goldleaf

Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:34 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
Hi Gary,

Good to see you're giving your new camera a workout and you're posting another video. If I can make one suggestion- we can't see your fret hand when you're playing the low frets. You might want to zoom out a bit or move the camera back a bit. It sounds like you're actually bending some of the base notes. That would be cool to see you do it.

Who does that song? At first, it sounded quite similar to 'Harvest Moon' (a lot of the same chords up the neck?)

**also here's a tip for video posters (listen up, Suzi:)- when you upload your video to youtube, you need to let it sit there for about 10 minutes before you try to copy and paste the link into TG. If you try to paste it before youtube is done messing with it, then you just get the link- like at the beginning of this thread.
Thanks for the video advice, I pull the video cam to me by the mic cord and turn it on and let it slide back, balanced on it's tripod. Guess I'll have to get an extension for the mic cord or better adjust my zoom and focus and video position. Thanks for the tip about letting YouTube finish it's job before downloading to TG. It is my own composition, I just hope teacher dosen't ask me to write it out in TAB form so he can find out what I was doing w/ my left hand, or some other reason. Gary

Yamaha48

Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:55 pm

Hello Gary.

Thats sounds pretty well,in swing time.
Guitar play is so nice,and when give songs your own touch.
Karma fore you my friend.

Greet Anton

neverfoundthetime

Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:12 pm

Karma doubled Gary... great job really like that drop D and the twanging around on it! Congratulations an that!

When I was doing QUESTION in open C tuning I really got hung up on the sound and started playing around and made up an improvised tune based on that starting point. fun to do and can turn out really well, as yours has.

goldleaf

Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:42 pm

I agree with you. I'm not used to playing in a different tuning, but when I did it brought other chords and melodies just playing around. I think that's where understanding more theory would probably help form different chords in alternate tunings. Gary

goldleaf

Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:45 pm

willem wrote:
yeah Gary, that was swingtime.......very nice...i think you gonna suprise us more in the future......karmalisatisfaction to you..

PS here is your vid..

Willem, I left you a gift for making that great video with Anton. Gary

goldleaf

Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:55 pm

Al, I am still struggling to get the video's off the sound card onto my pc in the correct format, but I just keep trying different approached until I finally get it to work. I'm sure it will get easier as I do it more often. The camcorder is easy to use and I like the quality both audio and video so far. Now I need to learn how to frame what I want to video a little better. It does have a 10 second delay option I need to learn how to use. I think that would help with getting into the picture properly. I made the song up but borrowed from Harvest Moon for the basic sound (dropped D & swing time) & made up my chords & melody from there. Gary

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic